Author Topic: romullus wips  (Read 228650 times)

2018-01-07, 12:14:39
Reply #345

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Couple pics of retro keyboard that i modelled recently.

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-01-08, 11:22:11
Reply #346

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
offtopic: you should update your signature ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-01-08, 11:42:49
Reply #347

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Lovely keyboard !! very nice :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-01-08, 11:57:53
Reply #348

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Lovely keyboard !! very nice :)

Yeah, i would love to have one, but the price...

offtopic: you should update your signature ;)

Oh come on, the report was closed just 5 minutes ago and i was waiting for the fix like forever :] Anyway, thank you for the fix! The only thing that left now, is to figure it out how to use compositing mode properly :]

2018-01-08, 12:36:53
Reply #349

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Yeah, i would love to have one, but the price...

Price is around 100-110€ on Amazon :O That's not much at all for a mechanical keyboard with those cool retro looks :)

EDIT: Actually the leather one is more like 180-200 though :D just noticed!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2018-02-16, 23:11:05
Reply #350

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I did some tests with advanced bokeh settings, tried to find optimal values. I think that for most realistic results i will try to stick with 0 - 0,7 range for center bias and -1 - 1 for vignetting. It looks like at more extreme vignetting values, image corners starts to resist to blurring - something i never noticed in real photographs. With center bias set at 0,8 and more, bokeh starts to resemble image taken with mirror lens and negative values just gradually brings everything back in focus.

Attaching set of images with vignetting set to 1 and 1,5. At 1,5 cat's eye effect is more prominent, but image corners looks really bad.

2018-02-19, 18:02:45
Reply #351

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I also noticed that the corners are quickly becoming too sharp and too dark. I am not sure if this is something that happens in real life, especially the darkening, but maybe there are some ways to prevent it?
In the images I found online the "cat eye" is often very pronounced, but at the same time the corners are bright.
http://toolsandtoys.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Olympus-40-150mm-Pro-Lens-Review-57.jpg
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Sony_FE_vs_GM-01149.jpg
https://www.mu-43.com/gallery/data/500/marina-flower-small.jpg
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-05, 08:21:13
Reply #352

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I also noticed that the corners are quickly becoming too sharp and too dark. I am not sure if this is something that happens in real life, especially the darkening, but maybe there are some ways to prevent it?
In the images I found online the "cat eye" is often very pronounced, but at the same time the corners are bright.
http://toolsandtoys.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Olympus-40-150mm-Pro-Lens-Review-57.jpg
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Sony_FE_vs_GM-01149.jpg
https://www.mu-43.com/gallery/data/500/marina-flower-small.jpg

The darkening is physically based, as the basic fenomenon that creates the cat eye effect is occlusion of the lens aperture. My best guess is that the photos are corrected in postproduction (AFAIK removing vignetting is one of the easiest and most prevalent corrections... or at least it was when I was playing with it ;)). It would be interesting if anyone is able to produce such effect with real camera to confirm this
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-03-05, 10:31:17
Reply #353

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Novadays most cameras does vignetting and some other abberation corrections internally, so if picture was shot to jpeg, most of its vignetting is already removed by a camera. There's plenty of profesional lens reviews on the internet and it clearly shows that most fast wide lenses (basically those who "suffers" from cat's eye effect the most), has plenty of vignetting. I think Corona does everything right here :]

2018-09-21, 20:37:37
Reply #354

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
My next wip, Iranian truck. Model is from grabcad, i just added some minor details, fully unwrapped and started texturing it, Texturing is at the very early stage, basically just a bunch of materials dropped onto the model in the Substance Painter. Enviroment is a scene i made a year or so ago, mostly out of a free models gathered in the internet. New AI denoiser was used, mainly because the scene already barely fits into my 16 GB RAM :]

« Last Edit: 2018-09-21, 20:41:12 by romullus »

2018-09-21, 20:44:51
Reply #355

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
So the whole car is unwrapped ? Where do you generate your curvature map ? I will need to do something similar very soon and I think it might be less hassle then going procedural in corona.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-09-21, 20:56:35
Reply #356

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, whole car is unwrapped. Curvature, along with other maps, was baked in the Substance Painter. The process is very easy and straightforward, just load your mesh, choose resolution and press bake. I've heard that Marmoset Toolbag 3 has even better baker now.

2018-09-21, 20:58:22
Reply #357

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
How do you export the mesh ? Per material groups ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2018-09-21, 21:18:57
Reply #358

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, i had separate objects for each material, although you can merge everything into single object and use material IDs. I think it would be the same as having the separate objects.

2018-09-21, 21:23:33
Reply #359

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks, last question and I'll wish you happy weekend :- ). What Subdivision is best to export for the curvature & painting ? First one that appears smooth or the final one intended for rendering ? ( I presume such one could be very heavy for painting )