Author Topic: Multiple sky objects ? - Solved!  (Read 1502 times)

2019-02-12, 16:55:38

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi There,

I'm trying to have multiple sky objects so that I can have a different reflection source to the lighting source. i.e. an HDRI in one sky with a compositing tag with only 'seen by reflections' checked and another sky with a different HDRI or a Sun with another tag with all the rest checked.

For some reason I'm not seeing reflections from the checked tag? Does Corona support multiple sky objects? If not, what's the best way to go about this scenario?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-02-12, 17:05:46 by rojharris »

2019-02-12, 16:58:55
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Multiple skies would not be a good idea - for this, you can just go to the Scene Environment section of the Corona part of the Render Settings, and use Reflections Override to place a different image to be used in reflections.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-12, 17:05:12
Reply #2

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah. I'm always forgetting about the override. Thanks Tom.

As it happens, I think I may have been wrong and it does work. It's just that the exposure was too low for the second HDRI to show up in my reflections...

Cheers

2019-02-12, 17:24:44
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok - though not sure it wouldn't cause sampling problems, as not sure the render engine would know in advance to "ignore" one of the skies, so I'd still recommend the override. It's what it's there for ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us