Author Topic: All Color mapping/postproduction feature requests  (Read 74846 times)

2014-10-14, 10:35:25
Reply #30

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
What about to add Highlight compression, white balance and contrast (in relevance order) in CameraMod? Changing exposure often need highlight compression adjustment, and so on for the rest.

Btw, testing last daily build (2014-10-14) I found that if you use photographic exposure, exposure value in vfb has no effect (correct), but ISO value has effect and does not change iso value in cameraMod modifier (uncorrect)

My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-10-14, 10:51:07
Reply #31

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
One more time, a button to switch on/off render stamp in vfb menu bar ;)

Also a Start interactive button in VFB menu bar? What about it? Maybe pushing for a second Render button you could choose it...
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-10-28, 02:40:14
Reply #32

abubaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

First Post.

Congrats and hats of to the corona development team! You have a very easy to use Render engine which lets artists be artists. 

I did not want to open a new thread to request a DIRT MAP feature and a Vray style Blend Material.  The standard Corona material is great but it does not allow for the creation of a more complex and therefore realistic Shaders. I am working on a scene right now and I need a detailed layered metal shaders with multiple scratch, specular rust and dirt layers but there is no way I can achieve this with the standard Corona Material. 

in the mean time is there anyway to convert veray blend shaders to a corona shader, I am guessing not since the equivalent shader does not exist in corona.

2014-12-07, 18:10:51
Reply #33

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
http://vimeo.com/26261205

Wow, that is something i would love to see in Corona!

You should give a try to VFB+ 2.5 (demo)
Although its integration with corona might provide surprises ...

2014-12-07, 19:48:32
Reply #34

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Actually i installed VFB+ demo couple weeks ago, but i didn't like it as much as i expected. Thing is, if i want to use it with Corona, i loose all the goodies Corona's VFB has and i don't like it. Now, if there'd be a way to marry those two, that'll be an ultimate tool.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-07, 23:23:56
Reply #35

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I've created a script for corona in mind which toggles the area to render (region render) without the need to open up the render dialog etc. It has pass limit, resume render etc. If you would like any features added please let me know.

Script:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/regionrender

Screenshot:

EDIT:
The script code for region render is:
Code: [Select]
setRenderType #region
EditRenderRegion.EditRegion()

The script code for switching back to view mode is:
Code: [Select]
setRenderType #view
EditRenderRegion.UpdateRegion()

My script has this functionality plus a few added extras.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07, 23:29:02 by 3dwannab »

2014-12-07, 23:35:14
Reply #36

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually i installed VFB+ demo couple weeks ago, but i didn't like it as much as i expected. Thing is, if i want to use it with Corona, i loose all the goodies Corona's VFB has and i don't like it. Now, if there'd be a way to marry those two, that'll be an ultimate tool.

Well, I'm rendering with corona and when finished open VFB+
That's my poor way to have both world :)

But I already had strange effect with VFB+, like saving all passes in a click, and ending with beauty of my current render but passes from previous render -_-
Very useless for post.

This said fireflies suppressor, sharpener or bloom, aren't much of rocket science and are pretty handy straight from VFB.
Now I wonder who is gonna make a lenscare alike yumi yumi

2015-01-20, 14:27:10
Reply #37

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm working on it as we speak.
I will also be happy to take a look at any bugs you experienced in VFB+, please contact me.

2015-03-10, 00:45:38
Reply #38

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm working on it as we speak.
I will also be happy to take a look at any bugs you experienced in VFB+, please contact me.

I would hardly reproduce it as the demo is over since a while (and I missed your post for awhile sorry about that), basically I tried to save all pass in a EXR (or psd?) and the if beauty was correct (the thumb too), other passes (materialID, Zdepth,etc) were from previous render (in history). I was pretty surprised as looking at the thumb it seemed correct and I closed 3dsmax to launch photoshop... before being somewhat disapointed (was testing purpose anyway nothing prod related)

Your bloom is super nice, although sliders are very very very sensitive in general !
That autodesk didn't bought your vfb is somehow proving that it's a good one ;D

2015-03-11, 12:42:49
Reply #39

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Render Mask for Reflective and Refractive objects...

I know there is an option to turn off/on visibilty in mask for Objects - but since then there is no option yet (correct me if i'm wrong) to get an mask from those objects without rendering a second pass with "visibility turned on".

Either i wish a render mask options like V-rays affect channels "all channel" for masking options
or at least have an option in Cmasking_Mask to select objects who override the "visibility turned off" choice in material.

So i'm at least able to render out all masks including those of refracting materials within one render-session.

2015-10-14, 12:54:57
Reply #40

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Zdepth DOF preview in VFB would be great.

2016-01-12, 13:45:21
Reply #41

bs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • bildstaerke | raumstaerke
hey guys,

whats the status on filmic tonemapping?

will something like this come for the vfb or any other camera response curve stuff? - would be cool

greets
win 10 | asus z10pe-d8 ws | dual xeon e5-2786w v4 | 128gb kingston 2400 ecc | 2080ti | samsung ssd 940 evo | asus pa329
c4d r20+r21 | sketchup | vectorworks
working alone, with my girlfriend, in cooperation and with freelancers for our own projects and for externals

2016-02-16, 22:04:08
Reply #42

andrewdtejeda

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to give one more vote for Physically accurate lens effects. I think this would be a great addition and create extremely realistic results. Thanks for the great render engine!

2016-05-01, 18:58:43
Reply #43

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SATUUURRAAATIOOOON... please...

2016-05-01, 19:33:02
Reply #44

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to give one more vote for Physically accurate lens effects. I think this would be a great addition and create extremely realistic results. Thanks for the great render engine!

+100000000 cannot stress the importance of this enough.
Vray who?