Author Topic: Like"FStorm GeoPattern" corona pattern  (Read 35870 times)

2019-02-13, 14:24:21
Reply #60

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
To everyone's attention! Since Ondra's +1 is actually multiplied by at least 1000, i would like to ask to restrain yourself from unnecessary +1's, as those won't change much anymore. From now on, minimal countable vote starts from +googol. Thank you! :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-02-13, 15:11:19
Reply #61

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well that escalated quickly...

in that case in all its beauty:

(+) 10.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 + 1

from me :)

2019-02-13, 19:13:57
Reply #62

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's over +9000!!!

2019-02-14, 18:16:41
Reply #63

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com

2019-06-21, 10:55:47
Reply #64

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does anyone knows if geopattern can be converted to mesh? I've a task where i need to create complex shapes out of repeating patterns and looking for modelling aid tool. I'm also considering railclone, but it's much harder to master and i don't have much time for this assignement.

2019-06-21, 19:49:28
Reply #65

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone knows if geopattern can be converted to mesh? I've a task where i need to create complex shapes out of repeating patterns and looking for modelling aid tool. I'm also considering railclone, but it's much harder to master and i don't have much time for this assignement.

Unfortunately not. I've had a few jobs where I had to switch to FStorm from Corona purely for Geopattern usage. There are some limitations though - your base object UV mapping needs to be perfect, as does the "crop" box on the tile-able sampled pattern mesh to avoid visible open edges.
Vray who?

2019-06-21, 20:20:38
Reply #66

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks for the answer, i guess i have to look at railclone now.

2019-06-21, 21:14:23
Reply #67

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Unfortunately not. I've had a few jobs where I had to switch to FStorm from Corona purely for Geopattern usage. There are some limitations though - your base object UV mapping needs to be perfect, as does the "crop" box on the tile-able sampled pattern mesh to avoid visible open edges.

If your UVWs have stretched areas, the mesh with stretch like that too ?

BTW, no one answered me this yet but since you already tried Geopattern, didn't you try to install VrayPattern and render Corona scene in VrayNext ? Since VrayNext supports lot of Corona features, and also VrayPattern, wouldn't it work like this also ? I.e render scene with Corona materials&light in VrayNext, but apply VrayPattern on (I've no idea how you apply it, is it modifier or map...?).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-22, 00:12:34
Reply #68

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yep, the pattern will stretch/conform to the base object UV's.
Vray who?

2019-06-22, 23:34:56
Reply #69

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

If I remember you were the one to suggest me RC years ago when I asked for the pattern! :D yzyzyzyz

Can you give more information on the task? There are ways to do "almost patterns"

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-06-22, 23:36:11
Reply #70

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

BTW, no one answered me this yet but since you already tried Geopattern, didn't you try to install VrayPattern and render Corona scene in VrayNext ? Since VrayNext supports lot of Corona features, and also VrayPattern, wouldn't it work like this also ? I.e render scene with Corona materials&light in VrayNext, but apply VrayPattern on (I've no idea how you apply it, is it modifier or map...?).

I did for Alphas, Corona 1,2 and 3 never worked
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-06-23, 11:51:53
Reply #71

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It's only since 4&5 that VrayNext supports CoronaMtl (and not sure which lights) and Corona VrayMtl. So it should theoretically work if you keep whole scene in Corona, maybe except the materials with GeoPattern (convert to VrayMTL), keep lights in CoronaLight, if doesn't work, convert those to Vray, results should always nearly match.

I need to test this but I don't have VrayNext...just 3.6.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2019-09-09, 09:04:04
Reply #72

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
guys plz, i need CoronaPattern so much) it will be gamechanging feature for me! hoping to get it in V6
« Last Edit: 2019-11-08, 19:30:51 by marchik »

2020-11-12, 08:58:06
Reply #73

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice FStorm GeoPattern video, I would like to see it in Corona.. very powerful

2020-11-12, 09:54:50
Reply #74

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am sure we'll get it eventually :- ). Dem fabrics need it!