Author Topic: New Corona Lister Feedback  (Read 8338 times)

2023-05-11, 15:26:35
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Check out our newest lister and share your feedback please! :)

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38385.msg212584#msg212584
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-16, 08:30:39
Reply #16

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Yesterday had a scene with more than 100 lights objects; the moment I selected all with the lister and max froze.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2023-05-16, 09:17:13
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Yesterday had a scene with more than 100 lights objects; the moment I selected all with the lister and max froze.

Hey!

Thanks for reporting this, which daily build are you using?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-05-16, 14:49:18
Reply #18

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like new proxy lister, its snappy and fast but for managing huge amount of proxies, id love to see some features from 3rd party script (CoronaProxyLister) but not sure if its possible to implement them this way.

- manually selecting proxy file in the scene which is instanced and part of the "instance group" is not highlighted in new proxy lister. So basically selecting any proxy which is instanced = you cant find highlighted in proxy lister.

- would be possible to add toggle to disable grouping of instanced proxies ? I basically have no idea where to look for specific files becase all i see are just groups (filename visible but important is how is file named in the scene) > https://i.gyazo.com/2f4f6ab53a507845ea4ddd04fc008b64.png

- I would love to see ability to use shift and ctrl while making selection instead of clicking on "sel" button. Selecting 150 unique proxies which are randomly spread in the scene by clicking "sel"  button is very time consuming. It would take 5s to just hold shift and select first and last > https://i.gyazo.com/be428b8fd09cc571ac70a74a74b1bdb8.mp4

- I also miss ability to change properties of group of proxies which are not instanced. For example, i have 200 unique proxy files in scene but i want to quickly select them, change previz type from wire box to point cloud. In CoronaProxyLister i can do it quickly by selecting said proxies in the scene and with click of one button change previz type for all of them > https://i.gyazo.com/64e202ea545d9b104e7ff1dbeb559c14.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/be428b8fd09cc571ac70a74a74b1bdb8.mp4

Great feedback. +1 to every point.

2023-05-18, 17:39:21
Reply #19

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was about to write some feedback after trying new lister but I will just second this post instead.
I agree with every single point. Lister is heading in good direction, but in case of proxies, I cannot see using it instead of Corona Proxy Lister plugin, all the funcionalities mentioned above are a must for new lister to become user friendly.

2023-05-18, 18:13:03
Reply #20

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
I was about to write some feedback after trying new lister but I will just second this post instead.
I agree with every single point. Lister is heading in good direction, but in case of proxies, I cannot see using it instead of Corona Proxy Lister plugin, all the funcionalities mentioned above are a must for new lister to become user friendly.

Also changing previz type on old lister was quite easy, with one click from none to point cloud etc. Now i have to manually use dropdown menu on 50 scatters separately. Not sure if that was an issue in old scatter list but if there is something already selected in the scene, clicking on "sel" button wont deselect that object automatically to open scatter settings. I have to deselect first and then click on "sel" again.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-05-22, 14:21:35
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I was about to request that parameter changes should propagate on active selection and not only on a single item as it is now, but i see that's already requested by michaltimko, so i'll just add my vote to that. To be honest, i never liked how Corona listers are handling selections. Hopefully this will be significantly improved in the future versions, otherwise i don't see myself using this otherwise very useful tool.

I also would like to have an option to dock the lister, i think this could help with scene management.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-05-29, 18:43:26
Reply #22

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all, thanks for this update, Lister is one of the tools that i use alot and I was waiting for something like this.

One thing that would help me is the addition of 3ds max Cameras, sometimes we open files from different render engines and it would be helpful to have at least those cameras on lister, so we can create Corona cameras and compare some settings (FOV,Lens,ISO, etc)

For the Light section, its really what i wanted for years, the addition of LightMaterial makes it perfect, i know that maibe this will too much, but..... could it be a possible to incorporate Light Emission from Legacy and Physical Material?

Maibe this is something that wiil be updated in the final release, there are no Tooltips I think it would be helpful to have them in there too.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-30, 17:17:22 by RTstudio »

2023-06-14, 00:00:05
Reply #23

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

Is there a possibility to arrange Lister Tabs?
I prefer to have Lights in the first place, then Cameras, but not everyone would like this arrange, so it could be helpful to arrange it where we want them.

2023-06-28, 11:21:50
Reply #24

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

I prefer to have Lights in the first place, then Cameras, but not everyone would like this arrange, so it could be helpful to arrange it where we want them.

This is reported now.

(Internal ID=1149962903)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-07-02, 18:31:44
Reply #25

LE DON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you add a list renaming feature?

2023-07-02, 18:35:26
Reply #26

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1

2023-07-07, 14:55:37
Reply #27

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

How would this work for instances? You can already rename objects in the lister with a double click.

Thanks
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-07-07, 16:26:24
Reply #28

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

How would this work for instances? You can already rename objects in the lister with a double click.

Thanks

I think request was about option to give meaningful names for automatic groups in lister. Here's my +1 for that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-07-10, 04:24:36
Reply #29

LE DON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

This is reported now.

(Internal ID=1149962903)
yes, I can name individual objects but not a group of objects. It will be really necessary if it is possible to name the group of objects