Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 208015 times)

2017-11-02, 15:46:45
Reply #795

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IES
Just a quick one, are IES lights working in this now, did a render overnight yesterday and they don't appear to be.

Thanks,

Phil

2017-11-02, 16:25:58
Reply #796

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a quick one, are IES lights working in this now, did a render overnight yesterday and they don't appear to be.

Thanks,

Phil

Good catch, they aren't working for me, though they did in a previous build (e.g. the examples on https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000023597-what-kind-of-lights-are-there- )

EDIT - tested using a CoronaLight, sharp patterns on and off, using the IES profiles that come with Corona only. No effect was seen from IES in any test. Oct 31st build, C4D R19.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-02, 17:54:43
Reply #797

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Good catch, they aren't working for me, though they did in a previous build (e.g. the examples on https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000023597-what-kind-of-lights-are-there- )

EDIT - tested using a CoronaLight, sharp patterns on and off, using the IES profiles that come with Corona only. No effect was seen from IES in any test. Oct 31st build, C4D R19.

Yeah, I had definitely used them in an earlier version as well, seems to be an issue with them in the latest version

2017-11-02, 20:44:39
Reply #798

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Might be a weird question but how is the Substance support for C4D doing? I can see everything is working but if I recall correctly there was a warning message displayed in the 3ds Max version that the IPR can become unstable if a user is using substances. That is not the case in C4D.

Any thoughts on this?
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-11-02, 20:49:58
Reply #799

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Might be a weird question but how is the Substance support for C4D doing? I can see everything is working but if I recall correctly there was a warning message displayed in the 3ds Max version that the IPR can become unstable if a user is using substances. That is not the case in C4D.

Any thoughts on this?

It would be really helpful to have native substance support if at all possible so you don't have to manually setup each texture. Their Library is really good, a substance corona material would be so useful. No idea if this is possible though.

2017-11-02, 23:34:14
Reply #800

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I keep having a weird bug we're upon doing a undo command the texture preview in the viewport goes blank and I essentially get a wireframe view. This has happened several times to me and different case scenarios when playing around with different noise shaders and layers shaders.

- Shawn

2017-11-03, 11:08:35
Reply #801

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I keep having a weird bug we're upon doing a undo command the texture preview in the viewport goes blank and I essentially get a wireframe view. This has happened several times to me and different case scenarios when playing around with different noise shaders and layers shaders.

- Shawn

i have the same problem, i reported it few posts back not sure if got noticed or not, this start to happen from the last 3 builds i think, the solution i found for the materials to appear is to select and unselect something in the material editor, like the difusion slot or something. anyway seems a bug yeah!

2017-11-03, 17:00:52
Reply #802

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- Shawn

i have the same problem, i reported it few posts back not sure if got noticed or not, this start to happen from the last 3 builds i think, the solution i found for the materials to appear is to select and unselect something in the material editor, like the difusion slot or something. anyway seems a bug yeah!

Same thing here, I use the same workaround.  An easy way to reproduce the problem is paste a material from another scene.

2017-11-03, 18:37:24
Reply #803

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-11-03, 22:12:46
Reply #804

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Added Subsurface scattering mode into Corona material
Added Dispersion into Corona material"

I could hug you guys right now!

2017-11-04, 00:09:12
Reply #805

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I like the new SSS mode. It's a lot faster than using the volume.
I'm not quite sure how to handle it yet. That means, I have a baked 16bit gray transmission map and am not sure into which slot it should go. My first thought was to put it into the fraction, but radius and the scatter+ added color worked too. (pic shows scatter without color added, rad. 0,35cm, 85% fr.)
This was just a quick test and I'm sure I'll find out the best settings(in a more neutral env.) but an answer from the devs is faster. ;)

« Last Edit: 2017-11-05, 07:12:44 by Eddoron »

2017-11-04, 18:17:15
Reply #806

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Amazing effort adding the dispersion feature let alone SSS, I tip my hat to you gents!
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-11-04, 21:37:59
Reply #807

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Little quick test with the new dispersion!!! Awesome and super fast as expected! IR is running much smoother too!

- Shawn

2017-11-04, 23:01:06
Reply #808

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe the Fraction value for SSS should be something else but 0.

2017-11-05, 09:30:49
Reply #809

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I install the latest beta but not finding new SSS material, where it hidden... wanna give a try. Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.