Author Topic: Ctrl + z. Light source. Interactive  (Read 2254 times)

2019-10-14, 21:12:49

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
I have long wanted to talk about a bug. It has been tormenting me since the first versions of the Corona.

when the interactive render is turned on, sometimes (but not always) when I did moved light source, then when I want to move it back, I press ctrl + z and the max crashes

If i stop nteractive. and press ctrl + z, then start interactive. all ok

2019-10-15, 00:33:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The one good thing about a crash is that it generates a minidump. This is particularly useful when the crash only happens "sometimes", as it lets developers see what crashed and how. You can find information on how to find the minidump, the link to the private uploader to send it (and possibly the scene) to us, and the other info we'll need (which version of Max, which OS, which version of Corona, etc) at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-15, 10:40:29
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Also useful information for us is, the version of Corona and Max you are using. the version of Windows you are using, the hardware of your system etc.

Please read the information in my signiture regarding what information we ask for when reporting bugs.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-15, 16:43:52
Reply #3

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
Hi. Thank for attention to my problem

As I said this problem haunts me from the earliest versions. since 2016 (17) max and Corona beta.

but nevertheless, here is my system:
win7 64. corona 3.2. 3ds max 2020.2. intel 3930k. 40gb ram (let it not bother you before that there were 4 sticks by 8bg. there was a crash anyway.) the swap file was previously turned off. then turned on. there was a mistake anyway.

I also attached a dump to the attachment.

I recorded a video where you can see how the error occurs. it usually happens on more complex scenes. so I created a simple scene and as you can see on the video there are no errors. but on the scene where there are materials with refraction and many sources. an error occurs.
Maybe this is important, but I use the HDR file inside the light source. via CoronaBitmap. An error occurs more often when I press CTRL + Y and less often when I press CTRL + Z

https://www.loom.com/share/825479ab3be5479da4f2e0c75bd0733e
https://www.loom.com/share/df10791863594187b83244b6aee107e2

2019-10-15, 17:39:44
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah, CTR+ Z has chance to crash Interactive, happens to me from time to time as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-10-15, 19:52:40
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Happened to me few times too, but very rarely and nothing reproducible.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures