Author Topic: C4D COSMOS browser - extremely slow preview image loading.  (Read 649 times)

2024-03-15, 21:21:51

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be clear it has always been slow in loading these preview thumbnails - nothing new.
Is there no way to cache images like every other web browser does?
There seems to be a “lazy load” function when scrolling down, BUT when scrolling UP again some previews have disappeared  and need to reload again! What???  This is really bad.

On chaos.com the COSMOS asset previews load very fast, but can't be used for downloading assets.

I kinda remember that you could use an external web browser to bring Cosmos assets in but I never used it.
Does this still work? Can’t find the setting for this.
Any other tips to speed up image loading?

Chaos Cosmos • Build: 2024.02.21-376207
Version • 11 (Hotfix 1) - R24 Cinema 4D
MacOS 10.15

2024-03-16, 19:49:38
Reply #1

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for me it isnt slow and also no re loading on scrolling up,
it might be a local issue,  you have with edge browser? ( i think cosmos uses the build in MS edge browser)?

edit: see you are on OSX, maybe osx/safari related?
« Last Edit: 2024-03-17, 18:51:14 by Stefan-L »

2024-03-17, 22:38:24
Reply #2

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Stefan,
maybe it's an macOS thing but Cosmos uses by default the C4D built in browser window - not Safari.
To clarify, when you click on the COSMOS icon, your default web browser opens and displays cosmos assets? 
I don’t know where I can choose to use my system web browser or the C4D built in browser? Any idea?

It seems that the C4d browser has no cache functionality and is very slow in general.
Don't think it matters, but I'm using the brave browser as my default.

2024-03-18, 08:50:13
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, I just checked this on my MacBook and it loaded instantly. No sluggishness. In the Corona preferences you can enable "Use external web browser". This still works and loads instantly also. At least, it is for me. 
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-03-18, 16:29:35
Reply #4

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
on windows it uses the built in MS edge browser per default, i think there is no way to use another browser but edge is chrome basically and fast.

if the internal c4d browser is used on OSX, i dont know if that can be changed or is the reason.

2024-03-19, 01:35:06
Reply #5

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, I just checked this on my MacBook and it loaded instantly. No sluggishness. In the Corona preferences you can enable "Use external web browser". This still works and loads instantly also. At least, it is for me.

WOW, this worked. THANK YOU!!!
What a difference. Why have I been suffering for 3 years now???
Crazy how bad the c4d browser is. Why even make this the default on mac?