Author Topic: corona animation  (Read 1746 times)

2021-05-05, 22:45:43

leyn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi there ... I'm new to corona, I've tried rendering still images and got good results, but for the animation, I tried to render a short clip with the same still images settings but the clip came out blurry and pixeled, the clip is 100 frames with 150 pass to each frame ( HDTV 1280 x 720 ) each frame took 40 min to render and the whole clip took 15 h is this normal? and what can I do to come up with a high-quality clip?

2021-05-05, 22:57:08
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Attached video is not 1280x720, but 720x540 - not even the same aspect ratio. More so it looks like it was rendered at even lower resolution and then upscaled. I think you need to provide more information about your setup.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-05-05, 23:06:43
Reply #2

leyn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is my settings

2021-05-05, 23:08:29
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would need to see the "Common" tab though, since that is where file format and image resolution are shown - as noted, this animation is not the size you said it would be (ie not a 1280 x 720, but is 720 x 540, so we'd need to understand your process to see when that resizing and cropping was introduced :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-05, 23:08:57
Reply #4

leyn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
common

2021-05-05, 23:39:23
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Still no sign of the file type though :) Hopefully you are rendering to a sequence of still images and not direct to a video format, in which case we also need to know what you are using to composite the still sequence into video, because something is making this a different aspect ratio and video size that is not 1280 x 720.

2021-05-06, 03:03:15
Reply #6

leyn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
oh, I just checked the clip that I attached, and turned out to be other one, i attached the original one, sorry about that...
i saved the file as avi file then converted it to mp4

2021-05-06, 14:08:59
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, that one is still 720 x 480 and not 1280 x 720, so something is resizing it (not Corona).

Never render straight to a video format for one thing, always render to a sequence of stills and then composite to video afterward (e.g. using the free Davinci Resolve, if you don't have a video editing app already and would like a free one). If rendering to video, you are usually introducing video compression and you may not like the amount of compression, which would mean re-rendering - with a sequence of stills, just adjust the compression / quality level in your video app and re-encode, no need to re-render. And if there's a power outage or a crash, your animation format file is destroyed and you have to begin at the start, but with sequence of stills you just start from the frame you left off.

Anyway, we still can't tell you what is happening because we don't see the 1280 x 720 output version to see what came out of Corona (untouched by video compression), so we still can't advise on what is introducing the effect you describe as we don't know what is doing the resizing as well as what is doing the video compression.

2021-05-06, 14:56:15
Reply #8

leyn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok I'll try to render still images ... thanks for replaying 

2021-05-06, 14:59:57
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It would then be good to see one of the frames shared here, if it shows any of the blur you refer to. If it doesn't, still good to see it along with the 1280 unresized video if the video still shows blur. Thanks!