Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] Daily Builds / Re: Corona Curvature Map playground!
« Last post by maru on Today at 15:13:28 »
Sorry for the delay. This is still on the dev team todo, but no promises or specific dates at this time.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies all.
I think I'll go back to populate people for now.

Regards,
Sorry, I do apologize, it seems that this is only working in Cinema 4D at the moment. :/
Rewriting scene parsing has been on Trello board in Pool of Big Ideas for last couple versions now (I think dating back to 6 or 7 as far as I remember) but unfortunatelly it never made it to the developement stage? For rendering animations e mostly moved to the render farm so this problem doesn't affect us a lot anymore (farm is using hundreads of nodes each rendering only couple frames), but it was definately annoing to see the rendertimes grow frame after frame while we were rendering locally.

If I recall correctly motion blur doesn't work for spline scattering movement?

Is this now fixed? Or am I mis-remembering?
They are just frozen people in a walk pose. You could try animating their offset in the spline settings to add some fake motion to them.

[Max] I need help! / Re: Max scripting to automate rendering
« Last post by Frood on Today at 12:52:30 »
Hi,

see Maxscript help: Use "max quick render" if you want the same result as pressing the render button or "render()" with all required parameters if you need more control, for example "render outputfile:@"C:\temp\test.jpg" vfb:false".

I would not use the interface functions of Corona until you really need it for something special (post processing on/off for example or "live dumps" during rendering), they also may change in v12.

Good Luck

Hi all,

I have a scene with about 15 people from the Chaos Cosmos browser preset -> Walking people.
They are dotted along a spline, with the usual Chaos Scatter process it uses.

When created, they are listed as seperate people, with the Scatter called "Walking People 001".

I would like to motion blur them for a single frame still, as they look very cartoony when standing still.
I know how to do the Camera (Geometry) motion blur technique, but the people don't seem to walk when the timeline is scrubbed.

Do these people actually walk, or are they somehow frozen because of the Scatter Process used to populate them?

You can override environment reflections and/or refractions in the glass material. You can add there any other HDRI, or just plain solid colour.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Ctrl+Z (Undo) Crashing Max
« Last post by dj_buckley on Today at 11:43:33 »
"The 3ds Max Security Tools are installed by default in recent copies of 3ds Max, and updated versions are available directly from the Autodesk App store. To make sure the Security Tools are active, do the following: In 3ds Max, go to Customize > 3ds Max Security Tools. Make sure the Enable Protection button is checked."

The page you linked too also shows the same screenshot I attached, but it demonstrates that it'll automatically tell you if an update is needed.  Either way I installed the latest one and reopened the scene.  Nothing happened.

I'll make it happen shortly and upload the mini dump
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10