Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 520619 times)

2016-04-01, 16:24:35
Reply #270

MgVrN

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about support all the vray shaders?

Who would buy Vray then? o_O

i will. just support all of them :D

2016-04-07, 04:21:24
Reply #271

gleelash

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please vote for the Disney PBR material. Not convinced? Heres my 2 cents:
4k & 8K PBR scans are coming. DDO / SubstancePainter and independents are churning them out. They come with a bunch of maps. The trend is inevitable, just like the touchscreen on our phones. Now, the maps come with AO, BUMP, DEPTH, GLOSS, HIGH GLOSS, NORMAL and ROUGHNESS. From the get-go you count more maps than you normally plug into Corona right? Here's is a free commercial use example in 4K:
http://real-displacement-textures.com/

I am sure there is a round-about way to use the maps. But it probably differs from map to map, takes a lot of testing, with huge textures. Not ideal if you use a lot of them. What about METALNESS? Configuring assets in a game-asset-type of production pipeline and taking them into 3ds Max / Cinema 4D in 4K or 8K to use sweet sweet Corona for ArchiViz? Again you can fake it a little but...it's probably painful. The GGX was spot on by the way. But it is kind of the tip of the iceberg so-to-say. And I have no idea about coding but Disney PBR is certainly in top 3 hardest to implement. But it's the thing that also blows the competition out of the water.

So let's just marry the two. 8K PBR scans have a place if Corona implements the insane bat-shit-crazy options of a Disney PBR. And if you don't know what that is, it's a shame to not think it over a bit before voting. Here is where you get started on the many possibilities offered by such material options:
https://disney-animation.s3.amazonaws.com/library/s2012_pbs_disney_brdf_notes_v2.pdf

Off Topic: Since I post once every 2 years, I would like to thank the guy who does the tutorials. That guy is simply the best. No other render software offered such an extensive view on how to be used. A million thanks.

2016-04-07, 08:18:58
Reply #272

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi guys, a dummy question, what is "Render-time booleans (cut/slice objects)" ?

2016-04-07, 10:01:00
Reply #273

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

This: http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Section+Clipper+|+VRayClipper
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-04-07, 10:15:38
Reply #274

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

This: http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Section+Clipper+|+VRayClipper

whooa, that's a cool thing. some technical presentation need that feature, just like wooden panel or tire cutout to show the material composition inside.

2016-04-07, 10:29:05
Reply #275

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Please vote for the Disney PBR material. Not convinced? Heres my 2 cents:
4k & 8K PBR scans are coming. DDO / SubstancePainter and independents are churning them out. They come with a bunch of maps. The trend is inevitable, just like the touchscreen on our phones. Now, the maps come with AO, BUMP, DEPTH, GLOSS, HIGH GLOSS,

This.

How come more people vote for "presets" ? Are they aware they would be worthless since the material doesn't even work as it should. You can't get physically correct specular response without tinkering with IOR and Specular clamping (see Dubcat's guide) when having any glossy other than 1.0.
Having straightforward artist-oriented materials would be biggest boon for 3D beginners, who could then be easily explained the principles in 5 minutes.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-07, 11:51:38
Reply #276

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
why can't I add my 4 votes all to disney pbr? :D

2016-04-07, 14:22:46
Reply #277

andych82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Haynes Inc.
Only recently learning about PBR. I'm interested. Just voted for it.
andrewhaynes.tv
Email:andy@andrewhaynes.tv

2016-04-07, 14:33:26
Reply #278

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I know, democracy sucks man :[
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-04-07, 14:58:31
Reply #279

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I know, democracy sucks man :[

This is not a democracy ;). We use the votes only as a one of the ways to learn what users want. Sometimes a single well-thought out argument has more influence than 100 votes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-04-08, 03:33:45
Reply #280

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Sometimes a single well-thought out argument has more influence than 100 votes
hey I think i knew that words, it could be from a book by JFK or sukarno or hittler maybe :D

2016-04-08, 09:46:49
Reply #281

Kamikaze_88

• Users
    • View Profile
I vote for an improvement to the shadow terminator smoothing.  Turbosmoothing doesn't seem like a long term solution. Thanks :)

Yeah, I would vote for that too!

When using Vray rendering same object with bruteforce, the effect is MUCH less than Corona. Isn't rendering with bruteforce in Vray basically rendering physically?

Ive read the https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516258 

"This limitation is typical for physically-based renderers not being able to cope with "fakes" such as shading normals."

2016-04-08, 13:31:23
Reply #282

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Currently having lots of problems getting detailed displacement to work on a character, so this issue appears to be more urgent to me.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-04-09, 21:37:57
Reply #283

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I vote for an improvement to the shadow terminator smoothing.  Turbosmoothing doesn't seem like a long term solution. Thanks :)

Yeah, I would vote for that too!

When using Vray rendering same object with bruteforce, the effect is MUCH less than Corona. Isn't rendering with bruteforce in Vray basically rendering physically?

Ive read the https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516258 

"This limitation is typical for physically-based renderers not being able to cope with "fakes" such as shading normals."

+1

Not sure if it's 1.3, but I am struggling to get micro-bump effect to be reasonably visible. By the time I do get it, terminator is everywhere, since I use direct light quite often.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-10, 10:03:40
Reply #284

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
glad to see better displacement is leading the way!!