Author Topic: Destroyed UI on start up  (Read 6344 times)

2015-08-02, 22:52:24

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

Just installed (and restarted my computer! ) the 1.2 build. As soon as I start it I get the error:

-- Unknown property: "numItems" in underdefined

which I'm not sure if this affects the UI but I'm now missing nearly all buttons from the UI. Although the process of rendering still works.

I'm running 3DS Max 2015 Student Edition on Windows 8.1 build 9600.

Computer specs are:
Intel 5930k
16GB Ram
2x 980gtx

Let me know if you need anything else!

2015-08-03, 10:55:54
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Could you make a screenshot of your max when this error pops up? There may be a script window opening at this moment where you can see which script is causing the problem. If not, open the maxscript listener (bottom left corner, the pink field, rightclick) and post everything that is written there (or a screenshot ;) ).
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-08-03, 11:27:07
Reply #2

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK I'll do that when I get home later. Anything else you need just say!

Thanks for the quick reply!

2015-08-03, 20:18:57
Reply #3

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't have an image hosting account so just for the sake of speed here is the copied script log.

Welcome to MAXScript.

-- Error occurred in findMenuItem(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms; position: 57307; line: 1973
--  Frame:
--   item: undefined
--   mobj: undefined
--   iname: "Tools"
--   i: undefined
--   called in i loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms; position: 73013; line: 2406
--  Frame:
--   i: 1
--   called in unregisterVRayMenuBarItems(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms; position: 73020; line: 2407
--  Frame:
--   modMenuItem: undefined
--   updateEnable: false
--   modMenu: undefined
--   vrayMenu: undefined
--   vrayMenuItemIdx: undefined
--   createMenu: undefined
--   createMenuItem: undefined
--   toolsMenuItem: undefined
--   helpersMenu: undefined
--   mainMenuBar: undefined
--   helpersMenuItem: undefined
--   renderingMenu: undefined
--   toolsMenu: undefined
--   renderingMenuItem: undefined
--   called in unregisterVRayMenus(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms; position: 85842; line: 2785
--  Frame:
--   called in updateVRayMenus(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms; position: 85966; line: 2791
--  Frame:
--   called in autoinstallVRayUI(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayinstall.ms; position: 556; line: 14
--  Frame:
-- Error occurred during fileIn in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayutils.ms"; line number: 1973
>> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\scripts\startup\vrayinstall.ms Exception:
-- Unknown property: "numItems" in undefined <<

Hope that helps! If you really need the screenshot I'll create an account.

Thanks!

2015-08-03, 21:37:38
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for the complete printout. :)
Actually, the error is happening in a vray script. So it looks like your vray install is somehow corrupted. Since you have posted it here and not in the chaosgroup forums, I assume you installed both plugins at the same time and it looked more likely that Corona caused it. Have you been using Vray before or have you indeed installed both at the time time or in some other particular order?
I'm pretty sure Corona is not breaking anything since I cannot see how the Corona startup script (which I wrote) could interfere with Vrays.
If you want to test it further, try to uninstall and install Vray - test if it works, and try again adding a Corona installation at some point (it would require several test cases in different orders to be sure).

Btw, you can upload screenshots here in the forum using the attachment function when writing a reply, no need for any image hosting service.

2015-08-03, 22:07:45
Reply #5

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem what so ever! :)

I was originally going to use vray (downloaded the trial) but after using Corona I thought there was only one choice tbh ;). Anyway... I've not touched the vray trial since whenever I installed it (must have been months ago) and have been using Corona since 1.0 and with no issues, only since installing 1.2 have I run into this issue. I have tried uninstalling and manually deleting vray where I can and now I have regained most of the UI back however there are a few pop ups at the start which are looking for vray files which no longer exist.

So I've decided I am just going to download max 2016 and go completely fresh as to avoid any of these issues! :P

I would try and be more helpful in my testing for you guys but sadly I am on a tight schedule of trying to update my portfolio at the moment and I don't have the free time to do these tests. However unless by some miracle you debug it before me, I'll keep the 2015 install and try to debug it later.

2015-08-04, 09:55:35
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I would try and be more helpful in my testing for you guys but sadly I am on a tight schedule of trying to update my portfolio at the moment and I don't have the free time to do these tests. However unless by some miracle you debug it before me, I'll keep the 2015 install and try to debug it later.
No problem, as long as there are no further issues I'd see it as some weird individual case. Haven't got any other bug reports in this direction yet ;)