Author Topic: Larose Guyon Lights | Wabi Sabi Interior  (Read 1187 times)

2023-11-28, 14:08:05

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi everyone,

long time from last post :- ) I need to pick up the tempo.
Here is smaller project from before Summer, I think I've done it during June, it's set of beautiful Lights from Quebecois company Larose Guyon, a fantastic client of mine that gave me absolute freedom to do whatever. That's bit unnerving as you becomes your own worst critic, and as it's a commercial project, you still need to call it "done" at some point, just now you decide when that is.

I wanted to try something different. We do plenty of different in our tiny studio (from office chairs, to latest Penthouses by Zaha Hadid in Monaco), but it's usually bright and airy :- ). And I wanted to do slightly dirty, earthy and dark. Let a play of light (both natural and from the Lamps) become prominent. The room choice and basic layout was chosen by client and I've worked with that.

I gave it a bit of trendy Wabi Sabi vibe, sorry not sorry, you can't escape trends :- ). It was fun.

I reserve one more post below for short tutorial on the bed, I am very proud of that. It's scanned mesh from few years ago, but with additional scanned textures and scanned BRDF (ChaosScans), plenty of scattering of fibers, etc.. just so much stuff to add up to the final look.

More images ( this page will load very slowly, even after I saved smaller 3K/Jpeg9 quality here) here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/184579865/Larose-Guyon-Lights

Please follow new Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/talcikdemovicova/ It will really mean a lot to me, and I am already preparing some very cool free models for Christmas (our beds!) to be posted there. So really, please click follow and let's engage, you know you can always count of asking me stuff and me answering. Cheers!

« Last Edit: 2023-11-28, 20:01:49 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-11-28, 14:09:40
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Reserved for short tutorial. Yeah Veronika and Kristina spent lot more time modelling the lamps but bed is bed :- )

« Last Edit: 2023-11-28, 14:42:46 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-11-28, 16:00:23
Reply #2

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-11-29, 23:02:53
Reply #3

ONO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad that you are posting again Jurad. Your works are absolutely stunning hopefully you don't abadon us again 👀

2023-11-29, 23:47:03
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Glad that you are posting again Jurad. Your works are absolutely stunning hopefully you don't abadon us again 👀

Thank you, very kind of you :- ) No abandoning again, I am in good mental health shape I think and posting work is ever more important now (volatile markets, AI and all..).
Actually I need to post my work before it even stands a chance against the AI onslaught :- ) Afterwards, gonna look like MentalRay renders from 90s in comparison.

(..slightly serious, about 70perc.).

2023-11-30, 06:46:46
Reply #5

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization
The mood in these images is perfect! I love the lighting and all the small details in the shaders/models.

2023-12-01, 15:19:54
Reply #6

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Incredible indeed, Juraj. Always interesting to see you work as your approach is quite different from the usual posts we see nowadays. Especially love the balance between warm light coming from the lights and a slightly cold blue haze coming from the outside. While it's not something you would capture in a real world, it creates a beautiful gradient that guides the eye through the image while the rest of the set is very neutral and leaves space for the protagonist, which is of course the lamps.

Absolutely gorgeous!

2023-12-05, 15:31:49
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Incredible indeed, Juraj. Always interesting to see you work as your approach is quite different from the usual posts we see nowadays. Especially love the balance between warm light coming from the lights and a slightly cold blue haze coming from the outside. While it's not something you would capture in a real world, it creates a beautiful gradient that guides the eye through the image while the rest of the set is very neutral and leaves space for the protagonist, which is of course the lamps.

Absolutely gorgeous!

Heh, you definitely would find it in real-world (as I work myself from such references) but I over-do it on purpose that is correct too :- ). I am in phase where I enjoy bit of punchiness to visuals, but it is perhaps dictated by how we consume visuals today. I render the images in 8K and they have so many soft details... but this is completely lost on internet where we watch everything in tiny resolution on social media and mostly on our phones. So stronger blacks, 10perc. higher saturation that I would like for print and highlights & haze boosted.

For social media&forums I effectively do "second post-production" where I amplify everything. I am neither happy nor unhappy about that, it's just something I feel necessary to do. I wish we could just show each  other printed works. Most of my works was printed 5-6 years ago and it's so much better..

The mood in these images is perfect! I love the lighting and all the small details in the shaders/models.

Thanks man, I really tried to do as many small details as my skill allowed but.. at some point I ran out of patience as you can just go on-and-on with them :- ).