Author Topic: Daily 11 rc3 two issues so far  (Read 1679 times)

2023-11-27, 13:50:59

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning, i found 2 issues so far on corona 11 rc3, first you can stiil pick a color when using two screens, second screen picks black always, second issue is that i cant show corona bitmaps on viewport, it just doenst show at all, no button or right click and show map on viewport

2023-11-27, 15:37:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am unable to reproduce either of the issues. I can pick colors from another monitor (no issues) and I can display Corona Bitmaps in the viewport.

Could you please:
- share screenshots or video recordings showing the results you are getting
- share exact steps how to reproduce the Corona Bitmap not displaying in viewport issue (material editor screenshot, what exactly you are doing, what is happening)

Thanks!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-11-27, 16:35:19
Reply #2

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, here are the two videos showing what i see, the black screen error is happening in all files, the viewport error in some files, so far this hapens in 3 files and one that doesnt, none of them similar in any case to the other one.

2023-11-28, 09:38:12
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
About the black color picker. This is already reported. I have two questions about this issue:
- are you using scale other than 100% on any of your monitors? (display settings > scale)
- are you using a different scale on different monitors? (for example one monitor is set to 100% and another one to 150%)

About the Bitmap display in viewport, I think there has to be something wrong with UV mapping on the problematic object, or it's some other 3ds Max issue.
- does it work if you use a 3ds Max Bitmap instead of a Corona Bitmap?
- does it work if you create a new object (box, teapot, anything) and apply a new material with a new Corona Bitmap to it?
- is it any different in V10?

2023-11-28, 12:12:18
Reply #4

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
display issue: not 100% on scale, its 200% recomended) on both screens, so same scaling and resolution on both. Ive changed the scale on both screens to 100% and still black.

for the viewport: this didnt happend in V10 or previous V11 Rc1, the error occurs more frequently with corona layer or multisubobject, for exaple if you create a material that can be view on the viewport and then i try to display another map it wont work, also if i turn of the display on viewport option on the main material it wont come back if i tun it on, here is a video.

2023-11-28, 12:40:36
Reply #5

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update: after reinstalling corona rc3 the black color picker only occurs with 175% or bigger scaling, 150% and 100% are ok now, the maps in viewport stills persist.

2023-11-28, 13:44:57
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The black color picker is reported.
(Internal ID=886677936)

We will look into the viewport display issues. If you could send us a scene (even just a box) which works fine in V10 but not in V11, that would be extremely helpful.

2023-11-28, 14:19:15
Reply #7

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
of course, here is the scene, the texture is the corona material stucco white, no modifications just included on a multi sub oject material

2023-12-13, 15:00:42
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am attaching a screenshot from Corona 10 and 11. They look the same for me. If I am missing something, could you please provide me with simple steps how to reproduce the issue?
It was hard for me to follow the videos and I do not understand this message:
for exaple if you create a material that can be view on the viewport and then i try to display another map it wont work, also if i turn of the display on viewport option on the main material it wont come back if i tun it on

2023-12-13, 17:38:16
Reply #9

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru, you cant see the map in the viewport when you create a multi sub object material or a corona layer material, i swa some other post from people with the same issues.

2023-12-13, 17:39:24
Reply #10

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here for example

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41552.0

my videos show that when you create this types of materials (complex) you cant see the bitmap in the viewport

2023-12-13, 17:40:53
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But you mentioned that it was different in Corona 9 or 10 and the issue appeared in Corona 11. The scene your provided looks the same in Corona 10 and 11. So I would like to understand how to:
- get different results in Corona 10 and 11
- reproduce the issue step by step

Thanks in advance for the details.

2023-12-14, 09:39:25
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I looked into it some more, and I think the issue comes down to using a solid Corona Color in the diffuse slot. If you plug something else there, like the Triplanar texture, it seems to be showing the texture as expected. For me it's the same in Corona 10 and 11.

If you are able to reproduce some issues in Corona 11 but not in Corona 10 or older, please explain how exactly to do it.

2023-12-14, 18:03:42
Reply #13

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry but no, here is the file and the screenshot with the issue, as you can see in the pinture and in the file, the material and object i called A has the corona color on the difuse and can show the normal map in the viewport, the second material and object i called B has no corona color on  the difuse and its part of a multi sub object and cant show the normal map on the viewport, the third material called C has the multi sub object material applied with the sub material with no corona color on the difuse and cant show the normal map on viewport

2023-12-15, 10:39:09
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Your new scene looks identical in Corona 10 and 11 or 12.

So let me ask one last time:
this didnt happend in V10 or previous V11 Rc1

Is this true or not?