Author Topic: Chaos license server could not be reached or you are not logged in.  (Read 1115 times)

2023-09-08, 12:57:43

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I dont know what to do.
Nothing changed and suddenly it stopped working.
I updated Corona install and that did not help either.

ticket #152882

regards,
mlon

2023-09-08, 13:17:46
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had a similar problem when my internet provider had troubles providing a stable connection, for a few days I could render only when the license check went through.
Corona is supposed to connect to the license server only occasionally and then cache the result (so it still works when the internet is down) but for some reason this didn't work and I had the message come up every time I opened the material editor or tried to render over the course of a few days randomly - quite annoying.
Apparently there's a workaround where you can 'borrow' your own license for a few days when you know you won't have any internet access but it only works when you know about it upfront.

2023-09-08, 13:23:19
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like this was done here (ty for that!) as you have a ticket number, but just as a reminder for others - for any and all licensing or payment questions or issues, please always submit a ticket at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new so that it reaches the right people. You can post on the forum too if you like, but without a ticket the right team can't start to investigate so be sure to always do that first :) And then, like here, include the ticket number if you do choose to post on the forums.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-09-08, 14:08:58
Reply #3

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there,

i uninstalled everything (6 or 7 seperate (ehm..) uninstalls...corona/chaos stuff) and deleted all chaos folders etc.
Reinstalled but to no avail. Somehow it sees this pc as not part of my license scheme or something even when i am
logged out. Logging in again also does nothing.
Whatever i do the license server page keeps displaying 'no licenses a avaiable'.

I have it also installed on another pc (same room same network) and there it works.
So far i have no idea whats causing this. This worked all fine before.

mlon

2023-09-08, 14:13:05
Reply #4

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also this machine does not display on the License server page anymore when i check via my online chaos account.
It did show before I deleted it to see if i could relogin and activate. Nope.
Somewhere something is stuck.
I do see 2 other machine but not the one i need to work on now.

Oh and i just tried borrowing but that also did not work.
Succesfully uploaded but no sugar.

mlon
« Last Edit: 2023-09-08, 14:24:34 by mlon »

2023-09-08, 15:25:54
Reply #5

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What?!

Now also my other machine stopped working just now.
I clicked 'convert scene' and then the popup no active license found.

This time with another issue when retrying..
-198: All the licenses for this product are currently engaged.

Now i can do nothing and i need to work on stuff!!

The online license server gives me a green al is fine icon
and no active sessions...

That said... i remember my other pc (the first one) also gave
me troubles when i clicked 'convert scene' after that all went sour.

Now i am truly STUCK!! HELP!

mlon
« Last Edit: 2023-09-08, 15:43:13 by mlon »

2023-09-08, 16:40:13
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the chaos page display 'no valid license' although nothing was running on my machines, so it's possible there's some hick up - or the license was cached and now it's occupied and can't update due to connectivity problems on your (or their...?) side. Strange, sounds like you need direct support from the licensing team.

2023-09-08, 17:49:35
Reply #7

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey thanks for the replies pokoy! :)
Yes, i hope this can be resolved soon because i need to get going.
Deadlines don't shift.
I contacted support but no reply yet.

mlon

2023-09-12, 14:15:25
Reply #8

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We resolved this yesterday.
Here are the steps needed to fix this issue.
Maybe others are helped with this info if they face the same problem.

Uninstall the Chaos license server and remove any remaining files from the following folder (you can copy and paste the address in Windows Explorer): %appdata%\Chaos\VRLService\ssl
Afterwards, download and install the latest Chaos license server 6 from the following page: https://download.chaos.com/downloads/20949/licenseserver-standalone-600-adv
Go to the Chaos License server page (http://localhost:30304), enable your Online licensing.

mlon

2023-09-12, 16:07:34
Reply #9

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for coming back to follow-up with your solution. Really useful!

A (pet) rat ate throughg my modem cable yesterday. Needless to say when I came to begin rendering this morning the lack of wifi meant that corona wouldnt work as it couldnt contact the licence server. Incredibly frustrating. Makes it feel like a piece of browser software.