Author Topic: Corona 10 Triplanar slots extremely slow  (Read 1860 times)

2023-07-23, 10:27:24

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
WHenever I want to drag a image into the new triplanar with multiple slots, 3ds max halts/freezes for like 10 seconds. Seems to me to be a bug with the new triplanar map.

2023-07-23, 10:55:29
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It's not limited to triplanar, virtually any composite map plugged into Corona material will freeze 3ds Max for 2-10 seconds if show shaded map in viewport is on. Material preview in viewport has been improved in Corona 10 to show more accurate materials. The consequence of that is those unfortunate freezes that at least some of the users are facing. The issue has been acknowledged by the team and they are looking how to mitigate the issue.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-07-23, 12:51:52
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Ok thanks for letting me know. I don't understand why though, the triplanar does not show an accurate representation in the viewport for me at least anyway, just a stretched material based on the initial UVs. So unless it can give a perfect representation of the triplanar, I rather have a fast interface. when it is this slow, it actually affect working efficiency.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-23, 12:56:34 by JoachimArt »

2023-07-23, 13:57:18
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok thanks for letting me know. I don't understand why though, the triplanar does not show an accurate representation in the viewport for me at least anyway, just a stretched material based on the initial UVs. So unless it can give a perfect representation of the triplanar, I rather have a fast interface. when it is this slow, it actually affect working efficiency.

As far as I remember, for accurate preview you need to use the HQ viewport display mode, it won't be accurate in Standard mode.

2023-07-23, 16:33:37
Reply #4

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
thanks, then I think it should be completely disabled unless one switches to HQ quality view mode. The way it is now at least, it just feels buggy and hard to work with. ANd most people don't need to constantly see an accurate interpretation in the viewport at all times.

2023-07-24, 03:21:06
Reply #5

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks, then I think it should be completely disabled unless one switches to HQ quality view mode. The way it is now at least, it just feels buggy and hard to work with. ANd most people don't need to constantly see an accurate interpretation in the viewport at all times.

Agree

2023-07-24, 14:07:05
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-09-22, 14:31:45
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am not sure if it's related, but we have just released a new daily build of Corona 11 with a fix for Triplanar map performance issues. You can find it here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40442.msg217142#msg217142

Please test it and share your results with us.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us