Author Topic: Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 17120 times)

2023-11-11, 19:47:58
Reply #45

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Awesome. Thank you Frood!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-13, 08:23:28
Reply #46

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Devs whens the proxy loading issue going to be fixed?

2023-11-13, 16:25:02
Reply #47

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

It's been reproduced here, and we're looking into it. As usual, I can't give timescales but hopefully soon..

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=1249887090)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-11-14, 06:03:00
Reply #48

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dev Team. Thanks for the new cool features like addition tools, I love them in added new tollbar but could you please remove them from quad menu.
If I remove it on quad, it always appears again and again
Thanks

2023-11-14, 09:48:10
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Dev Team. Thanks for the new cool features like addition tools, I love them in added new tollbar but could you please remove them from quad menu.
Thanks

+1

BTW, speaking of Corona power tools, they are quite nice to have, but i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

2023-11-14, 16:07:46
Reply #50

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Thanks

+1

BTW, speaking of Corona power tools, they are quite nice to have, but i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

+1 & +1 :) don't need more quad menu clutter and having a function in "corona converter" to add UVrandom with some predefined basic param like UV -100 +100 and randomize tile would be so nice! I hate having to connect all nodes constantly ;)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2023-11-14, 17:37:20
Reply #51

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks

+1

Here! This is exactly what I've been talking about recently. all these tools are super useful but when you are doing a large project and all 40-50 materials must have Corona triplanar and CoronaMappingRandomizer for each channel it becomes very cumbersome and inconvenient. I would really like these uv-related features to be either built into the corona bitmap with the possibility of batch editing, or there would simply be a separate script/tool where you can add all this to the existing, already configured material for each channel through multiple outputs.

2023-11-14, 17:50:03
Reply #52

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

Can you show me some screenshots of your workflow, some screenshots/examples of what you expect or currently doing to your materials? I might have a play with it if I get some time so knowing exactly the expected output would be useful to see.

2023-11-14, 23:42:27
Reply #53

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi James,

I imagine the script could work something like in attached gif. It doesn't have to be very smart, simply checking if selected object has assigned Corona physical, or legacy material and then insert randomizer, or triplanar between material and already existing maps. In case of randomizer, the script should perform additional check and see if there's triplanar existing in the shader tree, in that case, it should insert randomizer after the triplanar. I think that would cover majority of use cases.

2023-11-15, 19:14:45
Reply #54

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That would be amazing. Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-11-15, 19:48:34
Reply #55

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still

Yes, happening here all the time. I though it was because of unpolished new slate editor in Max 2024.

2023-11-15, 20:24:59
Reply #56

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is fixed in RC1. Please try it out and let me know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-15, 20:25:41
Reply #57

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That would be amazing. Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still
Hi,

This appears to be a 3ds max issue, I will send a report over to Autodesk.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-16, 00:25:15
Reply #58

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have just installed corona 11 rc1 and opened a scene created with corona 10 HF2, and when I hit corona liister button, 3dsmax gets a fatal error.

2023-11-16, 02:41:59
Reply #59

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona RC1 - is it me or can you no longer change the colors in RAWA FAKE?  it stays grey.

Actually, its happening to all colors that i want to change in the material editor.... somethings broke.  switching to the default color picker fixes this.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-16, 02:51:47 by shortcirkuit »