General Category > Hardware

Which Monitor is best?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Juraj:
What I write above in 3 :- ). Just swap C1 to C2, I used that by accident. Only change was the BVE (Evo panel) but only in 2023 version. You would have to trust the serial number you got recent panel.

I have no further opinion on it. I considered buying one to try using it as monitor myself, but I work in bright daylight (better for my eyes, better for my mental health/mood) so it's not ideal.

dfcorona:
I purchased the Dell U4924DW because it's 32:9 and I'd like to try using it as a dual monitor.  It's very accurate in Color and good blacks and IPS.

Another monitor that's really good is the Dell U4021QW. It's 21:9, 40", and 5kby2k 140 ppi. It's also IPS with 100% sRGB, 100% Rec. 709 and 98% DCI-P3.  I'd probably go with this monitor if I didn't want to try 32:9.

If I end up not liking the Dell U4924DW I might send it back for the U4021QW.

Samsung is coming out with a 8k 32:9 57" Odyssey Neo G9. Uses dual UHD mini-LED, I don't expect it to be as accurate as the Dells.  Also the more I read the more I don't like what I'm seeing on all the Samsung monitors, which is a shame because I'm a fan of Samsung and own a lot of there tech.

Aram Avetisyan:

--- Quote from: Juraj on 2023-07-13, 00:16:05 ---What I write above in 3 :- ). Just swap C1 to C2, I used that by accident. Only change was the BVE (Evo panel) but only in 2023 version. You would have to trust the serial number you got recent panel.

I have no further opinion on it. I considered buying one to try using it as monitor myself, but I work in bright daylight (better for my eyes, better for my mental health/mood) so it's not ideal.

--- End quote ---

Have been using the C2 Evo for 5-6 months now. The resolution, DPI, contrast, refresh rate and everything is great, the only drawback is maybe the text/border clarity seen in specific cases, due to the RGBA technology used for OLEDs. After setting it properly up as a monitor (turning off dimming, which works with HDR off, wake-on-lan and some others), which is quite some hassle, I have never been this happy with a monitor.

If coming from a curved display, it may first seem odd, but you quickly get used to it. Also use PowerToys for windows and fancy zones, as it is really a productivity booster for such big monitors.

dfcorona:
Well I tried the Dell UltraSharp U4924DW 49" 32:9 monitor for about 2hrs, it was terrible.  Already back in the box and ready to ship back.  Nothing fits it correctly, it's either all the way to your left or all the way to your right.  For the hell of it I even tried hooking it up to a system for gaming.  No game would fit it correctly.  Color accuracy and contrast was great though, like all UltraSharps.  But it's so wide that if you need to see something all the way to the left or right the hue would change because it's at such and angle.  21:9 seems to be the real sweet spot.

Vuk:
I have the U4919dw for nearly 3 years now, I have been using it as a single monitor and I can state that for pure work (modeling and rendering, photoshop) it isn't that good.
On the other hand, for review work or any kind of work where you want to spread and compare images with markups next to each other this monitor is fantastic!

Color accuracy is great out of the box, I can also confirm that and lately this has not been the case with all the Ultra sharp monitors.

I think that a single 32inch 4k monitor is far superior for pure work in 3ds max due to its vertical pixel count than the 49 inch. The hassle begins when you start introducing a second monitor and to be honest a double 32 inch option is just too much screen for me. Going with a smaller second screen will create all kinds of issues with the UI, scaling, moving stuff from monitor to monitor and so on, and this can only be solved with some third party plugins or by playing with the display scaling and messing with more advanced windows settings.
This is my experience from Windows 10 that might be solved on Win 11, maybe somebody can shed some light on this?

Maybe the OLED 42 LG TV would make a nice experience but I also like to work in a light environment and the dimming would just drive me crazy after some time.

Another option that is maybe the best in my opinion for those who want to go single monitor, would be the 40 inch 5k Dell display. The only issue is that it costs quiet a lot or it used to cost quiet alot, haven't checked the prices for a long long time...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version