Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Mesh turn transparent in View port

(1/4) > >>

Shot12:
Hey it's me again, I've been having this problem every time i assign a corona material to a mesh it goes transparent in the 3d view, only the outline is visible, I tried to ignore it as the parts render fine but now my scene is so big that its hard to distinguish what im looking at, tried inverting the normals but no luck.

its probably something simple but haven't been able to solve it.

It happens with all materials from the corona Library or even using physical materials with presets.
I've attached a photo to show what i mean.

maru:
It's hard to tell looking at the screenshot: is it becoming transparent or black?

Shot12:
Yep it goes transparent, as it was made of "glass" and if the mesh overlaps with another one that's also transparent it completely disappears only way to see it is hovering over it and hoping it shows the outline.
a few examples.

I have to use the clay Mode to be able to see the model

It does not affect the render in any way, only the viewport.

maru:
Sorry for the delay!
Which version of Corona and 3ds Max are you using?

I tried reproducing this by applying a Corona Physical Mtl with the "Chrom rough" preset, but my object does not become transparent. Same with the Corona Material Library materials.

Just to make sure: if you right-click on your object and go to its properties, you are not using the "see-through" option, right? (the default shortcut is Alt+X)

If the above does not help, could you attach any sample scene where you are getting this? (it can be even a single teapot with a problematic material applied to it)

Shot12:
Hey Maru, thanks! Sorry for not answering sooner.
Someone broke into our office a few weeks ago and stole some of our equipment, but we're back with renders again.

Using 3dsmax 2023 with corona 9.

Tried with alt X and no luck, objects still show transparent. i think it has something to do with vrscan materials.
I was able to replicate the problem with the tea pot, but only using scanned mats (file atached below).
Also have other file with some parts from our production renders, where it happens to most materials. In that file we also used vrscan mats but only on "carpaint and carbon".(170 mb file). How can i send you this file?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version