Author Topic: Want to be able to watch youtube videos while rendering but  (Read 527 times)

2023-02-20, 15:04:07

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Hi!
I know i sound amateur but yeah i do watch youtube videos while rendering stills and i wish i was able to do it without video becoming choppy... My CPu is an 5950x with 64gb ram and i am having the Core count on -2 (it should be 4 threads free since core=2 thread).

ı check my gpu Video memory and it s  on limit but the thing is, choppiness occur only when rendering , so wondering if there is a way i can have proper video playback while rendering? I disabled bloom+sharpenning+denoising in the VFB but still the choppiness persist while rendering.

Any suggestions other than watching the videos somewhere else or not at all,
thnx

2023-02-20, 15:42:01
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Try excluding more threads/cores?
Use a different browser?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-20, 15:44:40
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have the same CPU and i can watch YT videos without problems while rendering (all cores enabled). The problem must be somewhere else. What typical resolution videos you are watching in YT. What version of 3ds Max and Corona you are using? Also what's your browser? Is it up to date? Maybe some plugins are causing video playback choppiness? If you try to play local video file with some media player, does it play choppy as well?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-02-20, 16:20:32
Reply #3

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same CPU and i can watch YT videos without problems while rendering (all cores enabled). The problem must be somewhere else. What typical resolution videos you are watching in YT. What version of 3ds Max and Corona you are using? Also what's your browser? Is it up to date? Maybe some plugins are causing video playback choppiness? If you try to play local video file with some media player, does it play choppy as well?

I am on a triple FHD displays plugged in to a single GTX 970 3.5/4GB GPU, i know the GPU is very much dated however, it just bugs me that the issue only occurs when rendering. I will try other browser, also do VLC video playback and come back soon

2023-02-20, 16:47:50
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
My money is on the GPU in that case :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-02-20, 17:46:05
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I'd sign under what Tom said. When the VRAM on my GPUs is near full even moving windows around can sometimes get choppy. Would definitely look into that first.

Also, IIRC the GTX 970 had 3.5GB of "fast" memory and 0.5GB of a slower one. Been quite a kerfuffle around it when it released if I remember correctly.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us