Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

daylight system missing sunlight-compass attachment

<< < (2/3) > >>

Aram Avetisyan:
Just a note from the info concluded from your message:
To use Photographic settings - to control exposure using Photographic settings - you need to have Photographic exposure operator in the Tone mapping stack.
Maybe this is the main thing you are missing.

F13Design:

--- Quote from: maru on 2023-01-23, 18:09:45 ---Is this happening with any new daylight system that you create?
Or maybe happened in some older scene opened in newer version?

--- End quote ---

Maru,
So I have been talking to Autodesk to see if it is an issue on there end and have not found a solution. per their suggestions, I have uninstalled max2023, Corona Renderer9 hot fix1 and reinstalled them I also uninstalled Vray and I'm still finding that my sun is not attached to the compass. It all still moves around when I change locations on a map or time of day.

I have noticed that when I drop in a new daylight system in a new scene as well as a corona sky everything is washed out no matter what I set in the basic photographic settings. It looks to me that it might also be the corona sky because everything is blown out. I have used simple exposure and that seems to solve some issues but not interested in using that as an option. Also If I use corona in 2023 I will open an old file with a daylight system that works and import my new project into it as a workaround. Attached is the scene in Max2023 and Corona Renderer 9 hotfix 1. I will also submit it the help section of the forums

Thank you in advance

Frood:
Hi,

the missing line seems to be a Max bug. But the daylight system works and the sun is actually connected. When I create a new daylight system (Max 2023.2.2), the line is missing here as well. I never done it in Max 2023 until now because I have one in the startup scene, created with an older Max version - so I never noticed.

As for "washed out", you are using the tone mapping stack wrongly. Just move photographic exposure on top of the stack and use reasonable photographic settings, matching a daylight situation.

Good Luck

Philip kelly:
Ya Max 2023, has been the same all year for me. Line missing, Strange one.

maru:
The washed out render looks very wrong. Are you using some kind of clamping effect? Try going to Render Setup > Scene and clicking "Reset settings" - this will reset all your render settings to defaults.
Also please check this message from Aram about the simple vs photographic exposure: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39119.msg208741#msg208741

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version