Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

daylight system missing sunlight-compass attachment

<< < (3/3)

F13Design:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2023-01-26, 09:25:01 ---Hi,

the missing line seems to be a Max bug. But the daylight system works and the sun is actually connected. When I create a new daylight system (Max 2023.2.2), the line is missing here as well. I never done it in Max 2023 until now because I have one in the startup scene, created with an older Max version - so I never noticed.

As for "washed out", you are using the tone mapping stack wrongly. Just move photographic exposure on top of the stack and use reasonable photographic settings, matching a daylight situation.

Good Luck

Frood,

I think you did it! I didn't realize you can stack all tone mapping options the way you want them organized. As soon as I placed the Photographic exposure up to the top everything looked normal and back to the way it is supposed to look and work. THANK YOU! I must have missed the features that explained the tone mapping and how you can manipulate the stack to get the results you are looking for.

--- End quote ---

F13Design:

--- Quote from: Philip kelly on 2023-01-26, 09:51:06 ---Ya Max 2023, has been the same all year for me. Line missing, Strange one.

--- End quote ---

Frood solved my issues. See his answer. So it looks like the missing line attaching the sun and compass is a Max bug. Everything still works it just doesn't have the visible line.

F13Design:

--- Quote from: maru on 2023-01-26, 10:48:08 ---The washed out render looks very wrong. Are you using some kind of clamping effect? Try going to Render Setup > Scene and clicking "Reset settings" - this will reset all your render settings to defaults.
Also please check this message from Aram about the simple vs photographic exposure: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39119.msg208741#msg208741

--- End quote ---

I will check out this link you sent, but Frood solved my issue. My photographic exposure was not stacked properly and did not know that you can stack the tone mapping options. Thank you for the assist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version