Author Topic: Corona Decal Request - Option to make layered materials appear over the top  (Read 1050 times)

2023-01-17, 23:16:46

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if the title describes it well enough so I took some quick screenshots of basic example. Sorry if it's been asked already, I couldn't find anything in a search.

I have a achieved it....kinda, but it's impossible to retain the same mapping of the dirt because I can't throw a uvw on corona decal.

If I wanted to do a wall with graffiti, then dirt over the top, it would be awesome to have a tick box 'retain layered materials' or something.

Thanks!

2023-01-18, 00:06:09
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can make dirt not as a part of the material, but as a separate decal. That way it will be possible for dirt decal to cover graffiti decal when you arrange them properly in 3D space.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-18, 23:52:28
Reply #2

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good point that will work. Although since decals project from one angle only I couldn't really use this method to create my dirt layer over a more intricate and organic shape; unless I uses loads of decals all around the object to project on all areas.

2023-01-19, 15:51:57
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Most probably this feature planned for Corona 10 will help in cases like this: https://trello.com/c/SJHyhjki/246-decals-affecting-only-certain-material-channels

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-01-19, 23:48:22
Reply #4

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-01-19, 23:56:28
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If i'm not mistaken it would not make much difference towards your request - you still wouldn't be able to place decals between layers of layered material. Just to make your expectations in place :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-20, 10:26:52
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi,

If I wanted to do a wall with graffiti, then dirt over the top

You could setup the dirt mask as triplanar node (good for dirt on curved shapes anyway) and tell it to use world mapping.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.