Author Topic: Refresh Button?  (Read 1385 times)

2022-12-16, 20:08:43

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
What does the Refresh button do in the VFB?  It never seems to do anything for me and I can't find it in the Help files.  I'd love it to refresh the scene to restart the IR when I make a change that isn't automatically picked up, but alas.... nada.

Also - what about the PICK button?

Thanks!

e.

2022-12-17, 21:08:36
Reply #1

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also - what about the PICK button?

Pick allow you to select the object under the cursor or adjust the focus target. You have to enable Pick and right click to use it. Look for the context menu, it has a tendency to pop outside of the VFB window.

For refresh I don't know, never used it and from a quick test it doesn't seem to have any effect ?

2022-12-20, 16:01:31
Reply #2

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
Cool!  Thanks - that's how Octane handles focus also - I didn't realize you could do that with Corona too.

Anyone have any luck with Refresh though?

2022-12-20, 17:57:21
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't currently do anything, correct :) It is left there (for now) more as a safeguard in case you need to force-refresh the VFB, but tbh there are no such situations that we know of. We've considered just deleting it, or moving it somewhere less prominent, we shall see.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-20, 18:41:57
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-12-22, 23:37:13
Reply #5

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
It doesn't currently do anything, correct :) It is left there (for now) more as a safeguard in case you need to force-refresh the VFB, but tbh there are no such situations that we know of. We've considered just deleting it, or moving it somewhere less prominent, we shall see.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  Honestly, I'm surprised to hear you say this - I need to refresh the VFB about a million times a day: adjusting a material, turning geo on or off, moving a light (sometimes) - usually it takes, but lots of times it doesn't.  The number of times I start and stop the VFB to refresh is a lot.  It's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice if refresh did what it's namesake advertised :)