Author Topic: Being able to work in Corona while rendering on a different computer...  (Read 687 times)

2022-11-17, 17:39:08

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
After Corona has switched to Chaos licensing system the plugin is relentless with making sure you are not using more than one machine. While I do understand that you  need to make sure that multiple users cannot share one license, it's sad how I now cannot work at the same time it's rendering - I never use more than one node, I don't own a render farm. But, since I'm a single freelancer, and I have a office computer and home computer, some time during tight deadlines I need to set my office machine to render at daytime. And because the machine is then so slow, I go to my home computer to finish a modeling/material task. But now with the new licensing system I'm getting license problems immediately when opening the material editor, because it tries to render the preview balls within the materials and gives me black balls instead. It would have been nice if you could at least let us do that without giving out license errors.  I would have given away all my extra nodes if only the renderer could be a bit more forgiving on special use cases like this. It worked fine before with the fair saas license. I'm happy to pay for the Pro Premium, but now, despite being a more costly package than it was before - the software is less forgiving for single users, which is very sad to me.

This also applies to render settings, I can't even prepare a scene ready with render settings while a render is ongoing. So I simply just have to decide to work or render, I cannot do both, unless I have a fancy render farm :( ...Or buy two licenses?!?
« Last Edit: 2022-11-17, 18:06:09 by JoachimArt »

2022-11-17, 20:08:35
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Just launch your renders trough backburner, that way you will be using the render node license instead of the Corona interface one.

2022-11-17, 20:12:14
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Ah! of course didn't think it would use a node when you only render from one machine through backburner :) Thank you for the tip, I will do that then.