Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39356 times)

2023-02-17, 16:56:52
Reply #75

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Volume effect affecting corona sky or HDRi (if CoronaSky is present in CoronaSelect slot with HDRi)

Csky https://i.gyazo.com/c6023894b47326b72129a7edd704b5e8.mp4

HDRi https://i.gyazo.com/32f4530a28563472dd4675e1885bb1c8.mp4
Hi,

This is reported on the forums already https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37552.0

We have it logged.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=955187094)

Thanks for info. I dont mind having option to use volume effect with hdri, whats causing issues is that sky is being cut above the horizon. HDRi too.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2023-02-19, 02:49:04
Reply #76

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in the last daily build I encountered a "stable" crash of the scene, unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to pack the scene now, a lot of work, but I will describe at least in words, better than nothing:

It was the big plane with 1 polygon (i tried a plane with a shell modifier also) with CoronaDisplacementMod (tried Displace slot in mtl also) with PhoenixFDOceanTex in vector mode plugged through Vector Displacement Map
It was basic CoronaPhysicalMtl water shader with roughness 0.01 and enabled Volumetric scattering (grey color + ~40cm distance)
Scene crash occurs every time I start rendering (interactive or production) while enabling Scattering color different from black, without scattering - everything works just fine.
In 9.1 everything works as expected.
« Last Edit: 2023-02-19, 06:18:15 by marchik »

2023-02-19, 02:58:36
Reply #77

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 i was having crashes too - and re installed previous daily.  all good now.

in the last daily build I encountered a "stable" crash of the scene, unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to pack the scene now, a lot of work, but I will describe at least in words, better than nothing:

I was the big plane with 1 polygon (i tried a plane with a shell modifier also) with CoronaDisplacementMod (tried Displace slot in mtl also) with PhoenixFDOceanTex in vector mode plugged through Vector Displacement Map
It was basic CoronaPhysicalMtl water shader with roughness 0.01 and enabled Volumetric scattering (grey color + ~40cm distance)
Scene crash occurs every time I start rendering (interactive or production) while enabling Scattering color different from black, without scattering - everything works just fine.
In 9.1 everything works as expected.

2023-02-20, 16:52:50
Reply #78

Jvincentrs4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same also had crashes went back to previous daily build.

2023-02-20, 19:32:48
Reply #79

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Can confirm. Latest daily was crashy (mostly when updating IR). Previous daily is noticeably more stable.

2023-02-21, 13:47:20
Reply #80

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I think we have these crashes fixed internally already, but I'd love to test it out on one of your scenes so we can make sure it is really fixed for you as well.

Could anyone send me over a "crashy" scene?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-02-21, 14:03:02
Reply #81

kanenas

• Users
    • View Profile
I followed marchik's scenario and it crashes as he says.

It's a heap corruption error (0xc0000374) but I don't think it's related to scattering itself.
If you disable Global Illumination, it seems to work just fine.
I'd guess it's a GI problem when interfacing with some functions.

2023-02-23, 15:35:51
Reply #82

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
submitted thanks.

hey Devs

previous scene open on new daily, crashes.  Reverted back to previous daily, all good.
Hey,

Can you provide some more information? I'm afraid this isn't enough for me to work out what is going on..

Sending the scene to us would be a good start, instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Rowan
Hey,

So we looked into this, it seems it is caused by the chamfer modifier and it is crashing completely outside of Corona. Did you update 3ds max around the same time?

I tested the scene all the way back to v9 HF1 and it was consistently crashing upon opening in each daily.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-02-27, 20:37:51
Reply #83

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Crashes during parsing and GI calculation that you reported should be fixed in the latest daily (2023-02-27).

Please let me know if you have some issues still.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-02-28, 11:25:30
Reply #84

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is a simple test of the new Optix:
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/OJpq7L
(crops attached)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-28, 21:03:02
Reply #85

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Сursor still doesn't change its shape when using region rendering in VFB, but it works better

2023-02-28, 22:08:17
Reply #86

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Сursor still doesn't change its shape when using region rendering in VFB, but it works better
Hi,

The fix for that is coming :)

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-03-03, 15:26:32
Reply #87

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In the latest daily builds, I noticed a bug with region borders in VFB.

The cursor does not turn into arrows when approaching the region borders and does not allow you to change its size normally, creating a new region occurs without problems, problem noticeable only with editing the old one.
in the 9th stable release everything is fine
i use 4k 16:9 monitor, scaling in windows is 125%
image upscaling factor for interactive rendering is 1x or 2x, this does not change the behavior of the bug.
Hi,

This is fixed in the latest daily, you can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38385.msg210302#msg210302

Cheers
Send me your scene!

2023-03-05, 16:24:45
Reply #88

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

With the latest DB I almost constantly get "Render had to be aborted because a bitmap on disk changed and is being reloaded. Continuing the render could cause crash or undefined behavior..." during IR.
Bitmap has not changed. It happens when I link bitmap to material or assigning material or just pick material from scene. Different scenes, different materials, different bitmaps.

2023-03-05, 18:10:49
Reply #89

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Does it happen with both regular bitmaps or with CoronaBitmap as well? Asking because I've not had it happen with the CoronaBitmap, only with the regular Bitmap from Max.