Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39328 times)

2022-11-10, 11:54:34

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-10, 12:55:49
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Note that as usual, we are waiting with next version daily builds until we release a hotfix for version 9 (containing only 3 minor fixes).

Meanwhile we have a changelog with 29 changes so far for the first daily build, so stay tuned ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-11-10, 16:11:28
Reply #2

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Woooo!  Exciting. 

By the way, not sure if it's something you'd want to change for 10 DBs or even Corona 9 Hotfix 1, but when we install Corona 9 in our studio as an update it does not effectively check to see if a newer version of Max is installed.  So we recently installed 2023 and had to go to 'advanced' in the install when we upgraded from Corona 9 latest DB to Corona 9 official.  Not a big deal, but might make life a little simpler for people.  FYI.

2022-11-23, 09:41:52
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Woooo!  Exciting. 

By the way, not sure if it's something you'd want to change for 10 DBs or even Corona 9 Hotfix 1, but when we install Corona 9 in our studio as an update it does not effectively check to see if a newer version of Max is installed.  So we recently installed 2023 and had to go to 'advanced' in the install when we upgraded from Corona 9 latest DB to Corona 9 official.  Not a big deal, but might make life a little simpler for people.  FYI.
Hi danio1011,

I understand the problem here, however the installer can't detect whether the version was newly installed or simply unselected by the user.

Sorry for not being able to provide a better solution here.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-11-29, 12:17:30
Reply #4

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
"Corona now correctly resolves in which volume the camera lies. The camera can also be given a non-zero physical size, in which case the camera might lie only partially in one volume (e.g. camera half-submerged in water)"

Will this have any influence on how vol obj and VDBs behave regarding if the camera is in this object? I.e. so we can actually have the camera inside said volumes?
+ I noticed the vol material itself has the option to "mix vol objects" so they can intersect when using the vol material, can this function be added to Corona Vol objects so we can mix VDBs?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-11-29, 13:19:07
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Will this have any influence on how vol obj and VDBs behave regarding if the camera is in this object? I.e. so we can actually have the camera inside said volumes?
Yeah, this is how it works

+ I noticed the vol material itself has the option to "mix vol objects" so they can intersect when using the vol material, can this function be added to Corona Vol objects so we can mix VDBs?
VDBs are already always mixed mixed together :)

Cheers!
Send me your scene!

2022-11-29, 16:17:39
Reply #6

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys, what is this element in the new release:

- Added tonemap control viewport shader (as no-op)

Can't find where and what it is....

Thanks!

2022-11-29, 16:30:31
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks!
Hey,

Sorry for the confusing changelog entry, it just displays the map plugged into the shader in the viewport. Previously it displayed black in the viewport.

Cheers!
Send me your scene!

2022-11-29, 16:49:44
Reply #8

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks!
Hey,

Sorry for the confusing changelog entry, it just displays the map plugged into the shader in the viewport. Previously it displayed black in the viewport.

Cheers!

Thanks! Was easy at the end! :D

2022-11-29, 22:19:06
Reply #9

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys - what does this mean exactly?
Corona now correctly resolves in which volume the camera lies. The camera can also be given a non-zero physical size, in which case the camera might lie only partially in one volume (e.g. camera half-submerged in water)

2022-11-30, 09:43:41
Reply #10

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys - what does this mean exactly?
Corona now correctly resolves in which volume the camera lies. The camera can also be given a non-zero physical size, in which case the camera might lie only partially in one volume (e.g. camera half-submerged in water)
Hi,

I guess we need to work on making the changelog more human readable :)

It means you can now have a camera within a volume and the volume will render correctly. The example above would mean a camera inside the pool water for example. It can also be half in/out of the pool water and it will render correctly: https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/HUTtQF

Cheers!
Send me your scene!

2022-11-30, 11:43:14
Reply #11

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Camera inside volumes -> thanks a lot for this. We had to wait for a while but it was worth it :D

2022-11-30, 13:16:22
Reply #12

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
VDBs are already always mixed mixed together :)

Hmm, this isn't what I have experienced over the past couple of projects. I see a clear outline of the "box" container where two or more corona vol object containers (loaded cloud VDBs) intersect. Will do a ticket and include sample scene soon ;)

2022-11-30, 13:23:44
Reply #13

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Another one where some clarification would be nice ;)
"User can now set how volume (volume material, sky volume effect and volume grid) interact with alpha channel. + Semi-transparent volumetric effects now also contribute to alpha channel for rays not hitting anything"

Does this mean we can get something similar to the Vray environment Fog effect / Aerial Fog effect while still being able to use an HDRI?

Right now we are loving the corona sky fog option, but it's very frustrating and limiting not being able to use it with an HDRI. This is probably the only thing I really miss from vray.

2022-11-30, 20:42:44
Reply #14

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another one where some clarification would be nice ;)
"User can now set how volume (volume material, sky volume effect and volume grid) interact with alpha channel. + Semi-transparent volumetric effects now also contribute to alpha channel for rays not hitting anything"

Does this mean we can get something similar to the Vray environment Fog effect / Aerial Fog effect while still being able to use an HDRI?

Right now we are loving the corona sky fog option, but it's very frustrating and limiting not being able to use it with an HDRI. This is probably the only thing I really miss from vray.
Hi,

That behaviour didn't change, right now the volume effect is only compatible with the CoronaSky.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!