Author Topic: Corona Subscription Update by CHAOS  (Read 20334 times)

2022-11-21, 20:32:39
Reply #105

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is correct, you'd be cancelling an existing monthly subscription, and then purchasing a new annual subscription. (There'd be no refund on the monthly, as it would remain active until it's current expiry date, mind you). This also applies if you already have one annual subscription, and were purchasing a second one, for example, then the second one would be eligible - doesn't have to be the first time you've bought an annual, it just doesn't apply to any renewals of existing annuals. For those with existing FairSaaS nodes, as we noted on the release of Corona 9 if wanting to move from monthly to annual and not lose those, you'd need to contact us via https://support.chaos.com/requests/new rather than try to do anything automatically through the purchasing system, and that would apply here too.

Turns out there is a silver lining.  Ok so my monthly expires in 5 days.  I've just raised a ticket at the link you provided, explaining that I'd like to cancel my existing (1 floating and 5 nodes) and purchase a new annual premium sub taking advantage of the BF22 code.  That's all I need to do right?

2022-11-21, 20:37:59
Reply #106

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, our support team should get this sorted for you so that you keep the extra render nodes.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-11-22, 05:19:11
Reply #107

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, our support team should get this sorted for you so that you keep the extra render nodes.

You might want to tell them that.  This was the response to my ticket

"Please be informed that Black Friday promo code works only with new commercial annual licenses.
Feel free to place new order for the desired license."

2022-11-22, 10:13:41
Reply #108

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Best thing then is to give us the ticket ID and we can follow up on the situation :)

Hi @TomG,

I have been a long time Corona user, paying monthly. I raised a ticket asking about what would happen to the 3 render nodes previously included and got no appropriate response.

[Ticket ID: 66619]

My licence is valid until the end of the month and I am thinking about switching to Corona Solo annual subscription. Do i get to keep the 3 previously included render nodes?

If I decide to go for the annual Corona Premium subscription instead, are the nodes going to be included then?

Question to all: Are Chaos Scans any good?

Thank you

2022-11-22, 10:44:08
Reply #109

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I raised a ticket asking about what would happen to the 3 render nodes previously included and got no appropriate response.

Hi, could you please specify what exactly you mean by "no appropriate response"? I have just checked the ticket #66619 and I can see clear answers to all the questions you asked. If you are not certain about some parts of the support agent's response, please ask that agent directly in that support ticket. It is not a good practice to split a single case between the support portal and the forum so that you are assisted by different people about one single issue.

My licence is valid until the end of the month and I am thinking about switching to Corona Solo annual subscription. Do i get to keep the 3 previously included render nodes?

If I decide to go for the annual Corona Premium subscription instead, are the nodes going to be included then?

These questions were answered in your support ticket:

Q1: My licence is valid until the end of the month and I am thinking about switching to Corona Solo annual subscription. Do i get to keep the 3 previously included render nodes?
A1: Please be informed that your extra Render Nodes are currently included in your Corona Premium Monthly subscription, however if you decide to stop it and purchase a Solo subscription, they will be lost.

Q2: If I decide to go for the annual Corona Premium subscription instead, are the nodes going to be included then?
A2: we can provide you with a payment link with which you can migrate it to a Corona Premium Annual license which is the more profitable option when you divide the price per month and will also allow you to keep your extra Corona Render Nodes

If anything is unclear to you, please discuss it with the support agent in your support ticket. You will get the most accurate answers there as our support teams are trained to correctly handle cases according to their specializations.

2022-11-22, 11:01:17
Reply #110

Marijan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi Maru, I would also like to use BF discount and keep my extra render nodes.
Answer from support team was that this is not possible. (ticket 67818)
Can you please clarify this.

2022-11-22, 11:09:08
Reply #111

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Well it should be, all of the evidence from the Corona team that it is possible is in this thread.  What a mess.  If only they put the same energy into internal communications as they do pricing.  Chaos.

I should add that Maru has been super helpful with my case and mine has now been sorted.

2022-11-22, 11:10:50
Reply #112

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

This will be straightened up, don't worry.

2022-11-22, 11:14:40
Reply #113

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This will be straightened up, don't worry.

Maru - I spoke to soon, my case isn't sorted.  I've got a guy sending me 'custom links' to pricing, the first one was wrong (price to high), he's sent another, again it's wrong (price too low).  I should have taken advantage of the too low price, but I like to think I'm honest and just want it to be correct.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-22, 11:27:06 by dj_buckley »

2022-11-23, 09:10:59
Reply #114

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
All the cases where there were some doubts regarding the Black Friday promo should be resolved now. Please let us know here if there are still some remaining issues.

2022-11-23, 12:17:44
Reply #115

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Hi Maru,

My premium subscription was renewed today, I was told yesterday by Chaos support that I couldn't use the Black Friday code...Was this wrong? On another note the price increase of £135 from what I paid for last year is crazy- for nothing new and now I have a bunch of programs I will never use...also not including the VAT on the price in the email was a bit sneaky...

2022-11-23, 12:39:30
Reply #116

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,

My premium subscription was renewed today, I was told yesterday by Chaos support that I couldn't use the Black Friday code...Was this wrong? On another note the price increase of £135 from what I paid for last year is crazy- for nothing new and now I have a bunch of programs I will never use...also not including the VAT on the price in the email was a bit sneaky...

I agree. The VAT isnt even included on the pricing webpage.

Was extremely annoyed to find that the price didnt include taxes so the 20% off code actually only reduced the price by £16...

2022-11-23, 13:27:56
Reply #117

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,

There are various possible outcomes depending on the specific case. Please continue in the support ticket.

I agree. The VAT isnt even included on the pricing webpage.

Was extremely annoyed to find that the price didnt include taxes so the 20% off code actually only reduced the price by £16...

The information about VAT definitely should be visible everywhere. For example, on this page https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing it says "Prices do not include taxes".
Also, when you are confirming a payment, you should be informed about taxes.

If you spot a place where tax information is missing, please share a screenshot and explain how to reach that page. It will be passed to the right team.

2022-11-23, 14:09:09
Reply #118

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I mean it is not that obvious when you land on the page...but yes you're right if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it is there, which I bet most people wouldn't do. The email sent about the new pricing did not mention anything about taxes not being included though. Generally in the UK (Cant talk for other countries) the price stated already has the tax included, or has it written clearly next to the price that it is not. It's just a bit misleading.

2022-11-28, 14:10:29
Reply #119

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
These questions were answered in your support ticket:

You are right and I apologize, everything was clear and I hadn't paid the necessary attention. Everything seems to be ok now!