Author Topic: Cosmos - Plugin Needs "DOWNLOAD ALL" Button  (Read 945 times)

2022-10-07, 10:20:46

Oxocan London

• Active Users
  • www.oxocan.com
    • View Profile
    • www.oxocan.com

Hi Corona/Chaos Development Team

After using the Corona/Chaos Plugin I realised that this needs a "DOWNLOAD ALL BUTTON". At Oxocan we love the variety of materials and 3D models offered however, it is time-consuming to click on each material/asset to download it.

May I recommend that future releases include a "Download All" button for each category? I would go as far as creating this command on the Home Page.

You might be thinking well, "what happens if we are releasing new assets? Would you want to download the entire library again"? I would argue that "already downloaded assets" should not require re-downloading.

Thank you all very much and I wish everyone a lovely weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,
Ian 
Ian
Oxocan London

2022-10-07, 17:37:50
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I believe the assets you download are stored locally, Look at the Cosmos interface, there is a Downloaded tab that only shows what you have downloaded already. It's basically a Cosmos Asset Manager so you can search. If you see the blue checkmark, you will see the green Import button.

These files are saved in the User section of your PC. I think this is necessary since the downloaded assets are in a .vrmesh format. You would need to convert the Cosmos Proxy to editable and make your own library. Seems like a lot of work to me.

2022-10-07, 18:06:19
Reply #2

Oxocan London

• Active Users
  • www.oxocan.com
    • View Profile
    • www.oxocan.com
Absolutely, I agree. I understand how the interface works, however, I would recommend that they create a default "Download All Assets" button that allows you to download all assets at once in the background without having to click 2500+ times in order to download all assets to your local machine.
Ian
Oxocan London

2022-10-07, 18:38:15
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see what you mean. I guess that could be an option, much like C4D used to provide their Asset Browser items as a massive install option. I believe it was in the 15 GB+ range if I recall.

2022-10-07, 20:34:42
Reply #4

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only if this button comes with a free multi-TB SSD disk!

2022-10-07, 21:45:53
Reply #5

Oxocan London

• Active Users
  • www.oxocan.com
    • View Profile
    • www.oxocan.com
Yes, if space is an issue then downloading the entire asset library is a non-starter. Since I travel quite extensively, I like to know that I have access to all the assets as often I like trying out new things when on a long flight. For me having access to the entire library is quite important. :)
Ian
Oxocan London