Author Topic: cosmos browser difference corona vs vray  (Read 2990 times)

2022-08-25, 12:37:23

matteosperi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody,
I started today to try corona render (I use vray gpu) and I am impressed by the stability and speed of the interactive rendering.
I have a question:
i tried to open chaos cosmos with vray and i see some differences with chaos cosmos corona. it is my problem having at the moment vray and corona
or in corona, for example, the decals category is missing; or in vray cosmos i see 540 fabrics and in corona cosmos i have 10 assets..
thanks..
Matteo

2022-08-25, 13:38:05
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, those differences are expected - the fabrics, for example, are not yet properly converted to Corona and so do not show up in the Cosmos browser when opened from Corona (but they are converted for V-Ray, so do show up in Cosmos opened from V-Ray).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-25, 15:15:50
Reply #2

matteosperi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok thanks, i was thinking about a problem with my cosmos profile.
Though I have seen the corona library and it is amazing with photorealistic materials.
Thanks for support
Matteo

2022-08-25, 15:22:20
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You're welcome! We are working on getting those converted, so we will catch up, the plan being if it's in Cosmos for V-Ray, it will be in Cosmos for Corona, so this is a temporary situation (no timeframe though, but we are working on it).

2022-12-14, 13:55:46
Reply #4

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What about decals? Still not showing up in Corona Cosmos Browser. I expected at least simple diffuse + opacity to work out-of-the-box since Corona version 8. So, the licence price went up to get those things fixed, RIGHT?

2022-12-14, 15:17:13
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Decals are there, have been for some time - head to Materials, and there is a Decals section. If you don't see it, please open a ticket at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new

2022-12-29, 13:58:37
Reply #6

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I opened a ticket and after re-installing, deleting Cosmos folders and whatnot, running diagnostics etc., I still cannot see the half of the library (decals are just the tip of an iceberg). I just couldn't be happier - to pay for the whole year and get something that is just not working...
« Last Edit: 2022-12-29, 14:05:39 by rozpustelnik »

2022-12-29, 15:56:20
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The website does not know if you are using Corona or V-Ray. It will just show all Cosmos assets.

If you launch Cosmos using the button in the Corona Toolbar - you will see all assets available for Corona.

If you launch Cosmos using the button in the V-Ray Toolbar - you will see all assets available for V-Ray.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-29, 16:26:52
Reply #8

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just curious, Maru. How many assets do you have in your Cosmos Browser accessed via 3ds max / Corona?

2022-12-29, 16:39:04
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
256, and Decals do show up. Corona 9 HF1.
It looks like you are having some issue with Cosmos installation. I think you will need to wait for Nikolay to reply to your last message in the ticket.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-29, 18:18:01
Reply #10

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru. It is extremely frustrating...

2023-01-02, 12:00:56
Reply #11

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru. It is extremely frustrating...
Are you using Corona v8 still?

Decals support for Cosmos was added in Corona v9 so you have to use at least v9 to access Cosmos decals assets.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-01-03, 16:30:19
Reply #12

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm using last version available for 3ds max 2015, which means version 8, where decals were introduced. It is hard to believe that a bunch of simple bitmaps cannot be accessed via Cosmos Browser - which also was introduced in version 8, along with decals... This is a total nonsense. Where can I apply for the partial refund due to limited functionality of Cosmos?

2023-01-03, 16:37:55
Reply #13

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I'm using last version available for 3ds max 2015, which means version 8, where decals were introduced. It is hard to believe that a bunch of simple bitmaps cannot be accessed via Cosmos Browser - which also was introduced in version 8, along with decals... This is a total nonsense. Where can I apply for the partial refund due to limited functionality of Cosmos?
Hi,

So we added decals in v8 yes. However we had to additionally add support to import them through Cosmos and this was not possible until v9.

This is not limited functionality of Cosmos, it is because the decals importer had to be added in v9 in Corona.

Sorry for not being able to give you better news here, but at least we know why it is not working for you. I would advise you to update to Corona v9 and a newer version of 3ds max.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-01-03, 21:21:14
Reply #14

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure.
But still this is beyond my comprehension - how external program, which Chaos Browser obviously is, cannot at least download some decals textures. It can download other textures, floors, walls, whatever, but not decals... I'm dissapointed with this situation, as well as with the changes to the licence. Not to mention the price increase.
I'm with Corona since non-commercial version but seems like this year will be the last. Too much "chaos" for me.