Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42949 times)

2022-10-07, 03:14:16
Reply #150

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

Could you send us at least one of the problem images? Can do it via ticket (support.chaos.com/requests/new) if it can't be shared publicly on the forum.

Will do.

I'm also having problem with some light materials rendering completely black when I go full screen on interactive renderer. As soon as I minimize the VFB windows, the light materials are rendered normal again. Super weird!

Edit: Regarding the light material problem, I also found that replacing the Corona Bitmap images connected to the light materials with some native Max images fixes the problem. So the problem is definitly related to the new Corona Bitmap.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-07, 03:49:47 by Basshunter »

2022-10-07, 03:59:44
Reply #151

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In this video you can see two of the problems I've reported.

1) When a Physical Exposure operator has been added to the camera tonemapping, Interactive renderer will render too dark. Once I enable and disable the operator, exposure gets back to normal. I have to do this every time I launch interactive renderer :c

2) Some Corona Bitmaps randomly renderer completely dark or just corrupted as shown in the video. Replacing them with some Max native images fixes de problem.

2022-10-07, 09:42:41
Reply #152

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
In this video you can see two of the problems I've reported.

1) When a Physical Exposure operator has been added to the camera tonemapping, Interactive renderer will render too dark. Once I enable and disable the operator, exposure gets back to normal. I have to do this every time I launch interactive renderer :c

2) Some Corona Bitmaps randomly renderer completely dark or just corrupted as shown in the video. Replacing them with some Max native images fixes de problem.
Hi,

Problem 1 we have fixed and will be included in RC3.

Problem 2, we cannot reproduce here yet. Would you be able to send the scene over to us? I will PM you a link to upload the scene to me.

Rowan

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 11:06:16
Reply #153

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

I'm having issues with this too in RC1. So far it's only happened with Forestpack objects. I.e. loaded in trees. Turned them to proxies. Scatter with FP. Initially all renders fine. But later on it seems to "corrupt" the coronabitmap nodes. So They only load black bitmaps. I tried "reload" bitmap, remove and make new corona bitmap, but still black. Also tried to merge in the same tree and tell it to "use merged material", but still black corona bitmap.

The scene was sent to a render node that rendered it fine, and the problem seems to go away after restarting 3ds max and reopening the scene. So to it looks to be something corrupting going on in the single 3ds max instance.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-10-07, 12:33:52
Reply #154

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm having issues with this too in RC1. So far it's only happened with Forestpack objects. I.e. loaded in trees. Turned them to proxies. Scatter with FP. Initially all renders fine. But later on it seems to "corrupt" the coronabitmap nodes. So They only load black bitmaps. I tried "reload" bitmap, remove and make new corona bitmap, but still black. Also tried to merge in the same tree and tell it to "use merged material", but still black corona bitmap.

The scene was sent to a render node that rendered it fine, and the problem seems to go away after restarting 3ds max and reopening the scene. So to it looks to be something corrupting going on in the single 3ds max instance.
Hi Jens,

Could you send this scene to us?

I will PM you a link to upload it to me.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 12:51:50
Reply #155

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same issue here with RC1 and RC2, the problem is random, the textures render fine but appear black on the material editor, on the viewport and when you click view image, most of them are 3k and up, this happens on different scenes with different maps (two scenes with similar maps, one black one perfect)

2022-10-07, 14:04:55
Reply #156

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Is everyone experiencing this using dropbox to store their maps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 14:24:20
Reply #157

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

No, but maps are on network drive. (Can't send you scene as it's under a heavy NDA). It's hard to recreate as it seems to happen randomly.

2022-10-07, 15:15:38
Reply #158

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

No, but maps are on network drive. (Can't send you scene as it's under a heavy NDA). It's hard to recreate as it seems to happen randomly.
Okay thanks, and do you have your the texture cache stored in the default location?

Cheers!
Send me your scene!

2022-10-07, 16:46:17
Reply #159

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
haven't altered that location no, didn't even know that option excisted :) Just checked, it's same as yours with users/appdata etc

Seems to happen after working in the max file for a couple of hours. Attached is the result. Some bitmaps seem to still read okay, but most of them load black. Restarting max resolves the problem.

Seems to only happen to CoronaBitmap nodes. Not the standard max ones.

2022-10-07, 17:20:25
Reply #160

wesfraga

• Users
    • View Profile
Don't know if I am doing something wrong here but every time, I select corona in 3ds max my max crashes. Installed the latest Corona 9 daily build

2022-10-07, 17:22:32
Reply #161

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Don't know if I am doing something wrong here but every time, I select corona in 3ds max my max crashes. Installed the latest Corona 9 daily build

I will contact you through our support portal.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-10-07, 17:47:44
Reply #162

wesfraga

• Users
    • View Profile

I will contact you through our support portal.

Thanks so much Maru

2022-10-07, 18:35:56
Reply #163

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R2. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

Could you send us at least one of the problem images? Can do it via ticket (support.chaos.com/requests/new) if it can't be shared publicly on the forum.

Will do.

I'm also having problem with some light materials rendering completely black when I go full screen on interactive renderer. As soon as I minimize the VFB windows, the light materials are rendered normal again. Super weird!

Edit: Regarding the light material problem, I also found that replacing the Corona Bitmap images connected to the light materials with some native Max images fixes the problem. So the problem is definitly related to the new Corona Bitmap.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-10, 08:35:20 by rowmanns »

2022-10-10, 13:22:28
Reply #164

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

To everyone experiencing the issue with corrupted textures, could you send me the following to https://upload.chaos.com/u/manns@corona-renderer.com

• The name of the map which has the problem
  • The texture stats file which is located here: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\textureStats.csv"
  • If possible the texture cache itself: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\CoronaRenderer\ImageTextureCache"
  • And lastly the scene if possible.

Thanks for your patience and help with diagnosing this issue :)

Rowan
Send me your scene!