Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149516 times)

2022-04-07, 11:13:41
Reply #585

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there!

On the complex IOR for materials, could you pretty please add some presets? Like Complex Fresnel map has from Siger? Inputing 6 values for a specific metal is a bit of an overkill. It would nice if that could be done. A simple dropdown with some preset values ( Gold, silver, chrome, bronze )

Thanks!

2022-04-07, 22:17:59
Reply #586

bcarnevalli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Might be a stupid question, but how can make the camera parameters inside the Corona Camera work. I have only found a "global exposure parameter" on VFB and cannot find any toggle to switch between "Global" and "Corona Camera" settings.

Tks!

2022-04-07, 23:29:40
Reply #587

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Might be a stupid question, but how can make the camera parameters inside the Corona Camera work. I have only found a "global exposure parameter" on VFB and cannot find any toggle to switch between "Global" and "Corona Camera" settings.

Tks!

are you wanting to use camera-styled exposure controls, or do you mean tone mapping overrides per camera?

If you want camera exposure controls under the camera's menu under the photographic parameters there is a radial button that says use photographic (ISO), then all the exposure controls will be controlled by ISO and f stops. If you are looking for per camera tone mapping, it's in the tone mapping sub-menu and click the override check box.

Also this forum thread is only meant for discussing the daily builds, there is an I need help section that you should post in the future.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-08, 00:18:35 by mferster »

2022-04-08, 13:09:01
Reply #588

bcarnevalli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, explain me why on the Corona 8 daily build RC4, i couldn t find the toggle you have mentioned? Check attachment

Tks

2022-04-08, 14:51:42
Reply #589

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, explain me why on the Corona 8 daily build RC4, i couldn t find the toggle you have mentioned? Check attachment

Tks

you need to add the photographic exposure tab on the tone mapping and disable(if you want) the simple exposure, is in the + sign at the bottom of the tone mapping rollout and you will be able to adjust the exposures per camera

2022-04-08, 16:31:57
Reply #590

bcarnevalli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Tks

you need to add the photographic exposure tab on the tone mapping and disable(if you want) the simple exposure, is in the + sign at the bottom of the tone mapping rollout and you will be able to adjust the exposures per camera

Tks! Now i get it

2022-04-08, 23:54:09
Reply #591

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Tks

Ah my bad didnt realize you were referring to the cameras in the new version

2022-04-10, 14:51:52
Reply #592

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona Team,

Currently using Corona 8 RC5. The parsing issue is still present  here. There was a suggestion, which indeed works, but the solution hides any Frame Buffer  and one can not apply any color grading/LUT, etc.
Hopefully you have managed to track down what causes the endless parsing issue.

I have sent a scene for investigation, but it is pointless to send another, as literally every single project has this issue  now.

Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2022-04-11, 09:36:06
Reply #593

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Corona Team,

Currently using Corona 8 RC5. The parsing issue is still present  here. There was a suggestion, which indeed works, but the solution hides any Frame Buffer  and one can not apply any color grading/LUT, etc.
Hopefully you have managed to track down what causes the endless parsing issue.

I have sent a scene for investigation, but it is pointless to send another, as literally every single project has this issue  now.
Hi,

Can you
1) make sure that your windows version is fully updated and see if this fixes the problem
2) Send over a minidump from when the parsing is frozen?

Instructions on how to generate a minidump with process explorer can be found in my signature.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-04-12, 15:40:06
Reply #594

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi again (for today),

do you guys noticed artifacts when you use the Nvidia Denoiser? Since RC5 I do and a lot!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-04-12, 17:20:52
Reply #595

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In IR, or final render? Do they go away if you aren't using the curvature map to add noise on the edges? What filter are you using, High Quality or Tent, and do the results change if you swap from one to the other?

Bear in mind that an AI denoiser can cause artefacts, because it is "interpreting" the image and not just running a regular denoising algorithm (which is why we recommend the Corona High Quality Denoiser for final renders). If the AI gets something it hasn't been trained on how to interpret, it will start "making things up" based on what it "thinks" should be there.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-04-12, 18:13:45
Reply #596

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
In IR, or final render? Do they go away if you aren't using the curvature map to add noise on the edges? What filter are you using, High Quality or Tent, and do the results change if you swap from one to the other?

Bear in mind that an AI denoiser can cause artefacts, because it is "interpreting" the image and not just running a regular denoising algorithm (which is why we recommend the Corona High Quality Denoiser for final renders). If the AI gets something it hasn't been trained on how to interpret, it will start "making things up" based on what it "thinks" should be there.

Hi Tom, hope you're great first of all!

The issue came out today on both IR and final renders. Tent was used and we first noticed it on "normal" images in high res where the curvature map wasn't used at all. in some areas we got that noisy blurry effect.
Previously I didn't notice anything like this and we are using Nvidia Denoise daily and everywhere. I'll do some more tests tomorrow and I'll let you guys know.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-04-12, 18:44:17
Reply #597

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for the extra tests when you get time! Nothing about the NVIDIA denoiser was changed that I can recall, so it would have to be something else. If you were already using Tent, then it wouldn't be that (the AI denoisers can't work with the High Quality filtering, but it gets silently changed to Tent in IR, and you are prompted for a final render, so there would only be a problem if things were not being changed to Tent, and since you are already using that... it's not that :) ).

If you give it more passes, it should still clean up without artifacts I would expect as then it has more to go on when doing its "AI Stuff". Tricky though it is, the best test would be exactly the same scene in 7 and in 8, which have to be created and saved in 7 since 8 scenes won't load well back into 7. Let us know what you find.

Also, I am doing great thanks :) I hope you are too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-04-13, 10:39:00
Reply #598

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
TY for the extra tests when you get time! Nothing about the NVIDIA denoiser was changed that I can recall, so it would have to be something else. If you were already using Tent, then it wouldn't be that (the AI denoisers can't work with the High Quality filtering, but it gets silently changed to Tent in IR, and you are prompted for a final render, so there would only be a problem if things were not being changed to Tent, and since you are already using that... it's not that :) ).

If you give it more passes, it should still clean up without artifacts I would expect as then it has more to go on when doing its "AI Stuff". Tricky though it is, the best test would be exactly the same scene in 7 and in 8, which have to be created and saved in 7 since 8 scenes won't load well back into 7. Let us know what you find.

Also, I am doing great thanks :) I hope you are too!

Good morning!

I am posting here a comparison of the Raw image, Nvidia & Intel Denoiser.
As I've mentioned yesterday, Nvidia seems to produce some area/spotches were the denoiser doesn't apply or is applied badly. Same result I've posted yesterday while testing the CUrvature Map on light blu vintage photo camera (see post above).
I know the limitations of the Denoisers in general but as I've found some bugs in the past, having this result know I think is good to post it and understand if is a defect or not.

I confirm that Tent was used during the final rendering and Corona Build RC5 is installed succesfully to all the computers.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-04-13, 10:53:38
Reply #599

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dev.team.
Do you have any plans to add separation RBG channels to Coronabitmap like in uberBismap.osl?
Thanks