Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149483 times)

2022-01-13, 09:25:56
Reply #300

fflasshh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm using currently the dec. 6 Build. I'm experiencing the issue again, that during network rendering, the rendertime is constantly growing. This was an issue with version 6, but with version 7 it was solwed. Now I'm rendering an animation, and the rendertime is growing over time. If I stop the process (stop all nodes) and restart the rendering again, the rendertimes become shorter again.
I'm using pulze render manager, but with Backburner it's the same...

2022-01-14, 15:09:52
Reply #301

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UVW randomizer and multimap can now use multiple randomization methods at the same time, instead of selecting just a single one. Note: The randomization seed has changed so scenes may render differently than in previous versions

This is great.
Any chance it can be added to scatter? I always felt that the randomization algorithm in Corona Scatter was not random enough.

Disclaimer: I'm not using Corona 8 yet.

2022-01-19, 22:18:51
Reply #302

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does anyone know why this happens - if the background is dark, then small elements, needles are visible
BUT if the background is light, then they partially disappear, the overall volume visually becomes smaller.
this problem has been for a long time, but before I did not pay attention to it, until I saw that my trees were left without needles and this became a problem.

Are you using an override on the environment?
Could this just be an order of operations type thing where the background override is using the image alpha channel to apply the override and the finer needles have a much higher transparency level than the rest of the tree meaning that when the black background is applied it provides more contrast to those areas?

If you saved out your image as a png and layered it up a few times in photoshop, do you end up with the thicker looking foliage like in the black background example?

2022-01-20, 12:25:59
Reply #303

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, corona color picker is giving me problems on a dual screen, have all my 3dsmax setting on the left scrren, only material library on the right, i try to pick a colo like i always doit with previous versions and its giving me wrong colors, its like its picking the colos from other location of the screen, and also the color picker looks strange.

AMD 3990x, 256gb ram, RTX 3080TI

2022-01-24, 14:54:56
Reply #304

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm using currently the dec. 6 Build. I'm experiencing the issue again, that during network rendering, the rendertime is constantly growing. This was an issue with version 6, but with version 7 it was solwed. Now I'm rendering an animation, and the rendertime is growing over time. If I stop the process (stop all nodes) and restart the rendering again, the rendertimes become shorter again.
I'm using pulze render manager, but with Backburner it's the same...
Hi,

Are you able to send the scene over to us?

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-01-24, 14:58:21
Reply #305

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, corona color picker is giving me problems on a dual screen, have all my 3dsmax setting on the left scrren, only material library on the right, i try to pick a colo like i always doit with previous versions and its giving me wrong colors, its like its picking the colos from other location of the screen, and also the color picker looks strange.

Hey,

This is a long standing problem of the old Color picker. We are working on a new Color picker right now, so keep your eyes on the changelog :)

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-01-24, 16:52:36
Reply #306

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, this is awesome

VK

Hey,

This is a long standing problem of the old Color picker. We are working on a new Color picker right now, so keep your eyes on the changelog :)

Thanks,

Rowan

2022-01-24, 17:41:19
Reply #307

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using the daily build from January 4th and have started to notice an issue when I try to render out an image sequence within Max (not using Pulze\Backburner).  Basically the scene will parse forever unless I click on the render status window, and then it kicks into gear.  Had it stuck on a frame all night and parse time was reported as 7 hours or something.  Once I catch it and click on it, it seems to go fine then for a few more frames and then the same thing happens.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?  Happening on multiple machines.

2022-01-24, 19:02:08
Reply #308

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@danio1011, similar reports has been all over the forum lately. Apparently it's some issue with the V8 dailies.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-01-24, 20:40:38
Reply #309

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@danio1011, similar reports has been all over the forum lately. Apparently it's some issue with the V8 dailies.

Ok, I'd seen reports about drserver freezing etc, just hadn't seen anyone solve it by just clicking around on the screen...seems like a windows 'focus' thing on my end.  But I bet it's all related.  Thanks!

2022-01-25, 09:34:28
Reply #310

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Ok, I'd seen reports about drserver freezing etc, just hadn't seen anyone solve it by just clicking around on the screen...seems like a windows 'focus' thing on my end.  But I bet it's all related.  Thanks!
Hi,

Are you using some remote desktop software?

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-01-25, 13:17:25
Reply #311

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope to see this checkbox filled in soon :)

2022-01-25, 13:37:27
Reply #312

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In my opinion many people is seeing the new tone mapping as a game changer. I wouldn't set the hopes too high - it will not automagically change renders into photos... Just another, flexible tool.

2022-01-25, 13:40:49
Reply #313

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Are you using some remote desktop software?

Rowan

I have similar issue and yes i use TightVNC software

2022-01-25, 14:17:35
Reply #314

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
In my opinion many people is seeing the new tone mapping as a game changer. I wouldn't set the hopes too high - it will not automagically change renders into photos... Just another, flexible tool.

we understand it very well
those settings that are now - they are not enough, we need a lot more, tonemapping should be developed, now it is very primitive
and no one bothers to use it as before - in order to get the results that you liked before, so I don’t think you need to worry about changes, you won’t lose anything, but only gain additional features