Author Topic: Corona 3 Release License Question  (Read 19452 times)

2019-01-07, 18:09:49

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, I thought this was happening later this year. Great news. One question though, let's say we buy two seats, but both artists are busy on other, non-C4D projects. Can one of those seat be used by a third artist on another computer temporarily? Otherwise, the project will have to wait until one of the two systems are available or have to buy a new seat just for a couple of small jobs.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-07, 21:13:46 by BigAl3D »

2019-01-07, 19:52:12
Reply #1

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have a licensing question. 
I just bought C 3 but didn't yet activate it. Once i activate Corona 3, will I be able to go back to Beta 2 stable if I need to?

2019-01-07, 21:30:31
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Wow, I thought this was happening later this year. Great news. One question though, let's say we buy two seats, but both artists are busy on other, non-C4D projects. Can one of those seat be used by a third artist on another computer temporarily? Otherwise, the project will have to wait until one of the two systems are available or have to buy a new seat just for a couple of small jobs.

Thanks.

You'll see that when you go to the buy page that it says "Floating License". What that means is that you can essentially move that license to whatever workstation you'd like as long as its only running on that computer - So basically you can use it anywhere and you can move it around freely you just can't use one license to run two workstations.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-01-07, 23:02:26
Reply #3

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello friends, happy year for everyone.
Great news to know that we already have Corona ready and without errors.

However!! I have 2 doubts
Excuse my ignorance on this subject ..... what are the nodes?
I see that there are licenses with 3 nodes, 5 nodes and 10 nodes.

Another question I have is ...
I have 2 computers, in one I do all the work, modeling, lighting ... etc, and when the work is already approved, I pass it to the other computer to render it.
This to not stop my work and keep doing other scenes.

Which license do you recommend to buy?

2019-01-07, 23:45:13
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hello :) I guess I'm acting like a support guy today, ha! :) The workstation license is where you have c4d opened and you are using Corona in Cinema 4D, like the UI and stuff.

The nodes refer to render nodes. So basically if you have 1 workstation license and 3 nodes you can work in c4d with Corona and you can have 3 machines rendering without actually using the UI - So thats for things like Team Render and DR in general.

Hope that helps.

2019-01-08, 07:48:35
Reply #5

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I have also one question....

Got Corona 3, installed at home WS but not installed yet in office. Can I use Corona on both machines while one is in render...?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-08, 15:04:03
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have also one question....

Got Corona 3, installed at home WS but not installed yet in office. Can I use Corona on both machines while one is in render...?

Thanks.

Not if it is running in Workstation mode to render, ie if C4D proper is open and rendering. You'd have to render using the C4D Client and not in the full Cinema 4D, using Team Render should be possible to use the web manager submission system for Team Render to send the rendering to the C4D client without needing Cinema 4D proper running, then you can close C4D proper and so not be using the Workstation license.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-08, 15:07:14
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have 2 computers, in one I do all the work, modeling, lighting ... etc, and when the work is already approved, I pass it to the other computer to render it.

So long as you are using Cinema 4D Client and Team Render to render on the second machine, just a standard single license of 1 WS + 3 Nodes would work. The Workstation would let you run Cinema 4D with Corona on the main machine, then you could submit to the C4D client which would be one of the 3 render nodes licenses that you have (see previous post just before this one - just like there, your second machine would have to be NOT running Cinema 4D in full mode, as that would require a second Workstation license to do).

2019-01-08, 16:34:32
Reply #8

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice to have a renderer for other computers, in this way while the other computer renders in which we have installed a crown we can continue working in other scenes.
It can be a system that only renders and does not allow modifications.

It would be something spectacular that other rendering engines do not have.
It can make the difference of Corona to the other render engines.

Because it would not be profitable to buy 2 licenses, and use only one to render.

Well, it's my opinion.
Some of us can not waste time while the machine renders

2019-01-08, 16:43:54
Reply #9

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
It would be nice to have a renderer for other computers, in this way while the other computer renders in which we have installed a crown we can continue working in other scenes.
It can be a system that only renders and does not allow modifications.

It would be something spectacular that other rendering engines do not have.
It can make the difference of Corona to the other render engines.

Because it would not be profitable to buy 2 licenses, and use only one to render.

Well, it's my opinion.
Some of us can not waste time while the machine renders

This can probably be done via the command line version of C4D. I presume that one will stay in render node mode. Would be interesting to know. Tom? :)

2019-01-08, 16:55:16
Reply #10

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

So long as you are using Cinema 4D Client and Team Render to render on the second machine, just a standard single license of 1 WS + 3 Nodes would work. The Workstation would let you run Cinema 4D with Corona on the main machine, then you could submit to the C4D client which would be one of the 3 render nodes licenses that you have (see previous post just before this one - just like there, your second machine would have to be NOT running Cinema 4D in full mode, as that would require a second Workstation license to do).

Seems complicated answer, and goes around me....! I think it will help you in easy reply.
I have one system Mac pro at home and iMac in my small office. there is no render system, both system for work and render. Mostly I do renders at night. If I am at home do from home , if in office do from office. Do I need two licenses...? if It is, I am sorry for that....!

Even can not use if both systems are in different locations...?

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-08, 17:13:37
Reply #11

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I also have a licensing question. 
I just bought C 3 but didn't yet activate it. Once i activate Corona 3, will I be able to go back to Beta 2 stable if I need to?

Hi, I wonder why would you need to go to Beta 2? Is there a bug that Beta 2 didn't have? If so, we'll fix it ASAP. Corona 3 is the new stable version for C4D currently. I saw in the other thread that you have issues with the Image editor. We're looking at it right now...

But to answer your question: Activation of Corona 3 will not influence, whether you can go back to Beta 2 or not. The reason is that they have a separate licencing. Be warned though, that Beta 2 will stop working after 21th of February (45 days after the release of the commercial version).

2019-01-08, 17:37:55
Reply #12

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems a lot of us are in the same situation…. i use 2 cinema4d in 2 diferente computers but only working in one and render in other… 

2019-01-08, 17:58:53
Reply #13

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems a lot of us are in the same situation…. i use 2 cinema4d in 2 diferente computers but only working in one and render in other…

That's right, in many cases clients do not wait and jobs must be delivered quickly.
Waiting for the render to finish with another scene is not a good option.
2 computers, one to work, create scenes and another to render.
it is the ideal.

If Corona creates a system that only makes the render it would be spectacular.

It can be a license with installation in a single computer, but with a rendering system in other computers, without using the resources of the computer where it was installed.

Corona would be the first to do it, it would be great.

2019-01-08, 18:12:37
Reply #14

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Seems complicated answer, and goes around me....! I think it will help you in easy reply.
I have one system Mac pro at home and iMac in my small office. there is no render system, both system for work and render. Mostly I do renders at night. If I am at home do from home , if in office do from office. Do I need two licenses...? if It is, I am sorry for that....!

Imran, as long as you run only one C4D at a time, you only need one License. But two full copies of Cinema4D (so not just a team render client) running at the same time, even if one is only rendering, will need two licenses, I'm afraid.

2019-01-08, 18:15:19
Reply #15

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

That's right, in many cases clients do not wait and jobs must be delivered quickly.
Waiting for the render to finish with another scene is not a good option.
2 computers, one to work, create scenes and another to render.
it is the ideal.

Isn't that exactly what Team Render is intended for? With only one machine rendering (and the workstation working as a server) this should work perfectly, because that's the scenario that we often test in the office.

2019-01-08, 18:43:55
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Should all be possible using Team Render. There are two ways to use Team Render:

- Team Render to Picture Viewer
This makes the Workstation you are on, and any render nodes running the C4D Client, all work on the same image at the same time. This will tie up your Workstation (you can still run a second C4D, but your machine will be spending processor power on rendering).

- Team Render using it's web manager
Using this approach, you should be able to send a render job to a node running just the C4D Client, and it will render, leaving your Workstation out of the equation so you can keep on using it. Since it's just using the C4D Client, it just needs one of the Node licenses of Corona Renderer, so the regular "1 Workstation and 3 Render Nodes" would be all you need.

Best bet is to look up tutorials on using Team Render, as it's all part of that functionality so tutorials about Cinema 4D will explain it all (and it works the same for Corona - other than the extra step of running the Corona Licensing Server).

Here are my notes on the second approach - but I still recommend looking up Team Render tutorials, to make sure my information is accurate and complete :)

- Run the C4D Client on any nodes you want to contribute. Since this will be submitted as a job, you'd need to run it on the main machine too if you want it to take part in the rendering (or not, if you want to keep using it at full speed for working on without it doing any rendering)

- Run the C4D Server on the machine that will control it all

- Click on the "World" icon in the C4D Server application to open the web interface. This is where jobs can be scheduled.

- Do not use "Submit Job" in C4D itself. Not really sure what that does.

- In the C4D Server, click the folder icon. This will open the jobs folder. Go into the "admin" folder, and copy the address to this folder.

- Save the project from C4D, using Save Project With Assets, and save it to a new folder under the Cinema4DTeam admin folder (the address copied from the step above). This will create a job in the Web Monitor application, with the name set by the name of the new folder.

- Click on Start in the Jobs list of the Web Server.

2019-01-08, 18:46:44
Reply #17

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?
Pardon my ignorance.
I think that team render is just to speed up the render.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

2019-01-08, 18:48:55
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?
Pardon my ignorance.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

See my previous reply - using regular TR to PV, you can run a second C4D, but yes the machine will be slower. Using the web manager for TR, you can send rendering to another machine and leave the machine you are working on out of rendering that (by not running the C4D Client on the main machine).

2019-01-08, 21:16:27
Reply #19

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while team render is in function, can you continue working on other scenes, even doing render tests?...
Yes.

...Pardon my ignorance.

Cinema 4D Team Render at Cineversity [Video Tutorial Playlist]

2019-01-09, 04:10:38
Reply #20

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

Imran, as long as you run only one C4D at a time, you only need one License. But two full copies of Cinema4D (so not just a team render client) running at the same time, even if one is only rendering, will need two licenses, I'm afraid.

Thanks.
iMac is only for very small jobs, when client is visiting to see his job progress, not even run IR to show client if by chance home system is also running....?

No team render, no other node, no c4d client....  One man show and two licenses, sounds not familiar...!
Is there any other option other than buying second license...?
As I bought already one... dont wanna roll back....!

« Last Edit: 2019-01-09, 07:42:36 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-09, 08:44:43
Reply #21

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 I also work on 2 not very powerful macs, sometimes rendering on one and actively working on the other. As a fudge, I just disconnect one of them from the network so they don't conflict, as its easier than using TR.

2019-01-09, 08:52:55
Reply #22

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I also work on 2 not very powerful macs, sometimes rendering on one and actively working on the other. As a fudge, I just disconnect one of them from the network so they don't conflict, as its easier than using TR.

You are using both systems on same network....? I think that's why you have to disconnect the network.

But I am in different locations and different network....!

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-10, 09:45:11
Reply #23

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have 3 Workstations (ie. A,B,C).
Only 2 Workstations (A,B) with cinema 4d are open at the same time (We have two c4d licenses with MSA Agreement).

We also have 10 Teamrender Nodes.

Question:

1. Can Workstations (A,B) use all the 10 Teamrendernodes when we buy "2x Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D - FairSaaS - 1 WS + 5 NODES (12 months)" ?
So we have 2x5 Nodes = 10 Nodes or can one single Workstation only 5 nodes of them?

2. Can we also use Corona on Worksation (C) when only one instance is running from Workstation (A or B).  So (A,C) or (B,C) is only running?

Whats the best choice?

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: 2019-01-10, 10:46:55 by tuami »

2019-01-10, 14:24:30
Reply #24

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

1. The 2 "1 WS + 5 render nodes" is the best solution for you; the total of 10 render nodes can be accessed by both / either of the workstations

2. Yes, the workstation license is floating, so can be used on any machine (but only one machine at once). So with two licenses, you can use any two machines at once out of your three workstations (or indeed out of any number of machines, so long as you are only using it on 2 machines at once, so you could also use it at home on your laptop and so on).

Hope this helps!

2019-01-10, 14:28:16
Reply #25

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, I learned something new about Team Render the other day (thanks Cestmir!) about how to render using TR but NOT to include the workstation you are on (so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering). While the method I mentioned earlier does work, this one is simpler!

- Open the Team Render Machines dialog
- Uncheck the workstation you are on (or any other machine for that matter) that you don't want to contribute
- Run "Team Render to Picture Viewer"
- The Workstation you submit this from will NOT contribute to the render, but it will gather the results from all the Clients and show them in the PV. The one time it will do some processing is during denoising, once the render is finished - other than that, it leaves the workstation you are on out of the rendering.

2019-01-10, 16:27:05
Reply #26

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Also, I learned something new about Team Render the other day (thanks Cestmir!) about how to render using TR but NOT to include the workstation you are on (so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering). While the method I mentioned earlier does work, this one is simpler!

- Uncheck the workstation you are on (or any other machine for that matter) that you don't want to contribute
- The Workstation you submit this from will NOT contribute to the render, but it will gather the results from all the Clients and show them in the PV. The one time it will do some processing is during denoising, once the render is finished - other than that, it leaves the workstation you are on out of the rendering.

Right on! And you can run another C4D instance in "-parallel" mode so that you can have two separate C4Ds open in case you are afraid of a crash or something of that sorts. That way if the instance you are working in crashes you still have the one that is in charge of TR opened.

2019-01-10, 16:34:06
Reply #27

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This post takes the place of a click on a Like button for the previous comment ;)

2019-01-11, 02:10:26
Reply #28

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile

(so that you can continue to use it "full power" as a workstation since it won't be doing any rendering)
Sorry if this strays too far from the original licensing thread.

Just to clarify, you can't use IR / VFB on this "disconnected" workstation or the instanced  setup that nkilar mentioned, while the clients are rendering, correct?
So, "full power” is just for better viewport performance while setting up another scene?

If there is not the advantage to use another VFB instance on this machine, maybe a better choice is to leave it connected but reduce the “custom # of render threads” in prefs, if needed.

2019-01-11, 08:19:37
Reply #29

ciciolo

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone adn happy new year :), my question is very easy.

My C4d is installed in 3 pc's (in 3 differente places: home, office, another office) and of course I use only one Pc at time.
Example: I work at Office 1 in the morning, at Office 2 in the afternoon, at home in the weekend. Do I need to move license between all 3 pc everytime? Like ArchiCAD, I need to upload/download from a cloud? I think I don't need 3 licenses.
Thanks

2019-01-11, 10:20:18
Reply #30

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Sorry if this strays too far from the original licensing thread.

Just to clarify, you can't use IR / VFB on this "disconnected" workstation or the instanced  setup that nkilar mentioned, while the clients are rendering, correct?
So, "full power” is just for better viewport performance while setting up another scene?

Oh, quite the contrary actually! If you don't render the TR job on your workstation, you can still use it and even render on it in Corona.

Edit: rendering is not possible in this case. Thanks jojorender for pointing that out!
« Last Edit: 2019-01-14, 10:50:13 by houska »

2019-01-11, 10:21:56
Reply #31

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

My C4d is installed in 3 pc's (in 3 differente places: home, office, another office) and of course I use only one Pc at time.
Example: I work at Office 1 in the morning, at Office 2 in the afternoon, at home in the weekend. Do I need to move license between all 3 pc everytime? Like ArchiCAD, I need to upload/download from a cloud? I think I don't need 3 licenses.
Thanks

Hi, in this case (if you don't use more than one PC at a time) it's perfectly fine to have just one license

2019-01-11, 10:24:37
Reply #32

ciciolo

• Users
    • View Profile

Thanks

Hi, in this case (if you don't use more than one PC at a time) it's perfectly fine to have just one license

Thanks, and what about license? Do I need to lease/unlease every time I change PC? Thanks

2019-01-11, 10:31:13
Reply #33

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks, and what about license? Do I need to lease/unlease every time I change PC? Thanks

No, of course not :-) As far as Corona is concerned, the license is "floating", so you don't have to unlease it or anything like that.

2019-01-11, 17:17:25
Reply #34

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, quite the contrary actually! If you don't render the TR job on your workstation, you can still use it and even render on it in Corona.
Hi houska,
not sure I understand this correctly.
I have 1 Workstation and 3 render clients.
if I uncheck the WS (local machine) in the TR machine list and hit “TR to PV” only the 3 clients are rendering but the WS acts as server.
When I open another scene on this WS and try to open IR, I get the pop up “The external renderer is calculating an image. Do you want to stop it?”
What am I missing?

2019-01-11, 17:31:48
Reply #35

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For that I think you have to open a second C4D ("And you can run another C4D instance in "-parallel" mode so that you can have two separate C4Ds open in case you are afraid of a crash or something of that sorts. That way if the instance you are working in crashes you still have the one that is in charge of TR opened." as njkilar said)

The other alternative is to go the C4D Server and Web Manager route to run jobs.

2019-01-11, 20:32:03
Reply #36

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh wow, just tried nkilar’s approach and the VFB does work in all instances of C4D running!
So, you are only limited by the amount of ram you have installed….
Now, how do I glue 256GB of ram into this damn Mac?

2019-01-11, 20:39:47
Reply #37

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Oh wow, just tried nkilar’s approach and the VFB does work in all instances of C4D running!
So, you are only limited by the amount of ram you have installed….
Now, how do I glue 256GB of ram into this damn Mac?

I know its kind of stupid to say but try to not use LightMix. Thats a real RAM eater :) Other than that, you'll probably going to have to upgrade :)) Glad to be of help, by the way :)

2019-01-11, 21:14:04
Reply #38

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know its kind of stupid to say but try to not use LightMix. Thats a real RAM eater :) Other than that, you'll probably going to have to upgrade :)) Glad to be of help, by the way :)

Hi nkilar,
thanks so much, never occurred to me to open another C4D instance. Wish i knew this one a long time ago...
I think quite a few people here will be happy to find out this is an option and they might not need to buy another license, just to be able to work on another scene incl. "test rendering”.
Or was I the only one left in the dark?

Would love to use Lightmix, but so far displacement (i think) was already eating all my ram. Always had to render multipasses separately.
Not sure yet if the new displacement / auto bump will help that much….

Anyways, this instance tip of yours needs to make into the helpdesk etc, so it doesn’t get swallowed by all the noise here. 

2019-01-12, 13:15:15
Reply #39

Lokikali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello
Happy to see Corona C4D come to an end;)
Question:
Will the Beta2 version remain a free version of Corona? And will it require activation every week?
I do 3D for my personal pleasure and occasionally, which for me does not justify a subscription of 25Euros / month. My renderings bring me absolutely nothing.
For users like me, a reasonable 'one shot' price would be a good thing.

2019-01-13, 16:03:32
Reply #40

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello
Happy to see Corona C4D come to an end;)
Question:
Will the Beta2 version remain a free version of Corona? And will it require activation every week?
I do 3D for my personal pleasure and occasionally, which for me does not justify a subscription of 25Euros / month. My renderings bring me absolutely nothing.
For users like me, a reasonable 'one shot' price would be a good thing.

We will release a free version soon similar like Max has with Alpha 6. So stay tuned ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l chaos-corona.com
3D Support Specialist - Corona l contact us
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2019-01-13, 16:40:23
Reply #41

Lokikali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good news, thanks ;)

2019-01-14, 09:20:08
Reply #42

vozyxel

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

one quick question. Are you planning to release Corona for Cinema4D in standalone (box) version?

2019-01-14, 10:57:56
Reply #43

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Great news on the final releasen congratulations!
I have one question though: Right now the 1 Workstation + 10 Nodes offer is exactly what we need. But some time later this year we might need anoter WS-license. Three ways come to my mind:

1: There will be an offer for only one workstation wich we can buy additionally.
2: There will be a special offer (not listed) wich fits our needs.
3: We can switch from 1 x 1 WS + 10 nodes to 2 x 1 WS + 5 nodes whenever we need to.

Can you tell me how this will work out for us? Maybe i'm missing a 4th option here?

Thx!

Greetings from the still cold and rainy Germany,
Moritz

2019-01-14, 15:40:25
Reply #44

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

one quick question. Are you planning to release Corona for Cinema4D in standalone (box) version?

There won't be a box version of Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D, sorry.

2019-01-14, 15:44:06
Reply #45

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Great news on the final releasen congratulations!
I have one question though: Right now the 1 Workstation + 10 Nodes offer is exactly what we need. But some time later this year we might need anoter WS-license. Three ways come to my mind:

1: There will be an offer for only one workstation wich we can buy additionally.
2: There will be a special offer (not listed) wich fits our needs.
3: We can switch from 1 x 1 WS + 10 nodes to 2 x 1 WS + 5 nodes whenever we need to.

Can you tell me how this will work out for us? Maybe i'm missing a 4th option here?

Thx!

Greetings from the still cold and rainy Germany,
Moritz

There won't be a "workstation only version" because the base level of 1 WS + 3 Nodes is effectively three render nodes for free :) Taking those 3 nodes out would not reduce the price.

The best bet would just be to add another standard license when the time comes, 1 WS + 3 Nodes. It does mean you will be able to use 13 render nodes, but that additional 3 nodes are free anyway so it isn't actually "costing" you anything to have more render nodes than you need.

It is likely you wouldn't be able to switch to 2 copies of 1 WS + 5 Nodes, because the special launch pricing will have expired by then (unless you are adding your additional workstation before Feb 7th), and you'd end up paying full price for both versions and so losing the launch discount.

2019-01-15, 12:59:32
Reply #46

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom!

Thank you for your answer. I talked to my boss and it looks like we're going for the (1WS + 10 Nodes)+(1WS + 3 Nodes) solution including the launch discount to be on the safe side :)

2019-01-15, 14:41:31
Reply #47

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is our biggest discount ever, and there won't be anything like that again - so a good choice I think, since you know you will need the license soon anyway, grab the savings while you can :) Glad to have helped and welcome aboard as full-blown Coronauts!

2019-01-16, 17:31:12
Reply #48

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I always use my working computer to render while I continue to work on another project. It RARELY will affect your workflow, but you will gain a lot by having two systems rendering in the background.

2019-01-24, 11:24:30
Reply #49

glmr

• Users
    • View Profile

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

2019-01-24, 12:49:28
Reply #50

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats

Hi there,

Based on Max sales, The Box license is only chosen by a small fraction of our users, and also it costs us too much to maintain it. The FairSaaS license is much more flexible as it is floating, which means that one license can be used on multiple computers. A typical use of this is using the same license on an office PC and on a home PC. This is not possible with the Box license, because the serial numbers are registered to specific hardware. Just to name a few reasons why.
Bengamin Jerrems l chaos-corona.com
3D Support Specialist - Corona l contact us
Corona Uploader l Upload
Portfolio l Click me!

2019-01-25, 09:53:43
Reply #51

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
I have recently purchased the annual usufruento license for your generous discount. I am very happy with this.
The question is: will the customer always remain the price list, (except for inflation due to inflation)? then we have to buy it every year? can I switch from an annual purchase to a monthly one and vice versa?
thanks a lot

2019-01-25, 14:24:49
Reply #52

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Not sure what is meant by a "usufruento license" (maybe a reseller?). Any discount price is only valid for the first year of purchase, so renewing will be at whatever price is available at the time of renewal (there may, or may not, be a special running at that time). Let me know if that answers your question!

2019-01-25, 14:50:38
Reply #53

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Not sure what is meant by a "usufruento license" (maybe a reseller?). Any discount price is only valid for the first year of purchase, so renewing will be at whatever price is available at the time of renewal (there may, or may not, be a special running at that time). Let me know if that answers your question!

Yes, thank you so much TomG.
The term used derives from an evil translation from Italian into English. I meant that the discount was great

2019-01-25, 15:06:12
Reply #54

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha, ty for the explanation, those evil translations can be a pain sometimes! And glad you liked the discount :)

2019-01-25, 18:18:08
Reply #55

jamieirvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Infinite3D

I have been testing this theory all day and whilst I can say it works on small, less intense scenes, I then tried a large scene, full of trees, people, reflections, refractions etc etc and the CPU took a MASSIVE hit despite the local machine being 'unchecked'.  It made little difference to the CPU usage.  I was really hoping this was going to be the answer to all my woes!

That said... running two versions of C4D does work in this way... it's just a big hit on your local machine!
Core 3 HF2 - C4D R19 - OSX 10.13.2 - 64GB RAM

2019-01-25, 18:27:02
Reply #56

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It may depend on how often the local machine is receiving updates from the clients? You could try a longer setting for that in the Corona TR set up (using Manual), since if you are off working on something else, it isn't critical how often the latest image results are sent back to the master machine. Don't know if it would have an effect, but might be worth a try (as I would assume the local machine should be idle except when asking for and receiving/integrating results from the Clients)

2019-01-26, 12:52:29
Reply #57

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Quick question about ordering.

I am in the Netherlands.
What is the difference on the ordering page between 'Netherlands' and 'Netherlands (English)' ? (see top right of the page).
Is this only the language on the ordering page or..?
I'd like to have the english version of Corona.

Thanks,
mlon

2019-01-26, 19:12:43
Reply #58

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is only one version of Corona (it contains the various languages for tooltips etc. within it) :)

2019-01-26, 19:18:01
Reply #59

glmr

• Users
    • View Profile

Hi there,

Based on Max sales, The Box license is only chosen by a small fraction of our users, and also it costs us too much to maintain it. The FairSaaS license is much more flexible as it is floating, which means that one license can be used on multiple computers. A typical use of this is using the same license on an office PC and on a home PC. This is not possible with the Box license, because the serial numbers are registered to specific hardware. Just to name a few reasons why.

maybe 10 years license for the price of box license could be a good alternative?

2019-02-02, 16:00:42
Reply #60

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another licensing question:
When does the license countdown clock start ticking? At the time of purchase or when I activate the license?
I bought a yearly license on day 1 (Jan. 7.) but did not activate it yet. Let’s say I want to buy another license now to get that sweet discount and activate that license next year. Is that possible?
I guess I’ll find out when I activate my license if I “lost’ a month.

FYI: My only reason to buy on day 1 was the rumor that Corona invites all “DAY 1” customers to Corona's 50th Anniversary Party in the Elon Musk Club on the CORONA Mars colony.
If that rumor is true, and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be true, please send invitations early, I need to practice some zero G dance moves.

Thanks, and looking forward

2019-02-03, 15:20:53
Reply #61

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The "License clock" starts from purchase - whether you activate it, and how many times you activate it (on different computers for instance), doesn't affect that.

"Let’s say I want to buy another license now to get that sweet discount and activate that license next year. Is that possible? "
No, not possible, sorry.

2019-02-04, 10:48:40
Reply #62

vozyxel

• Users
    • View Profile

Hi there,

I think you make a mistake lumping together 3ds and Cinema users. 3ds is for years sold in subscription plans exclusively and there is no reason for someone to buy corona in box. On the other hand Cinema4D is more niche for freelancers and small firms (talking only about archviz business) and there are a lot of people who value the fact that you can still buy perpetual license. What's more I think you can lose bit of potential clients because in some EU countries there are government funding/loans (isn't Czech one of them?) for new businesses, which cannot be used for buying temporary licenses.

2019-02-07, 13:29:31
Reply #63

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We bought 2 licenses, so we have 2 seats, my question is, for exemple we have installed in same pc cinema4d R19 and R20 both with corona, we can have both cinemas opened in same seat, same for the other seat right?
thanks

2019-02-07, 14:10:52
Reply #64

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Marvey,

Yes, that should be possible - that one computer should be licensed and so be able to run as many instances of C4D as required (at least, I've heard of people running 2 instances of C4D, one acting as a master for Team Render to Picture Viewer but not contributing to the rendering, so it just acts as a controller and collector of the rendering but isn't burning up CPU power in rendering itself, with the other instance of C4D being used to keep working on a scene while that happens). Hope this helps!

2019-05-18, 21:35:30
Reply #65

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Buggy V3 threw me off, but v4 with Caustics & "fixes" got me considering & looking for perpetual license, since my only wish is to have a tool perfectly working at any time in my life w/o hassle of licensing when i retire and go off grid...

Maxon is appreciated for offering Cinema 4D in such a way and product greatly valued for this.
Blender throws no shadow of a doubt.
Finally it's just Corona... being with is stressful for me as it's constantly floating in status quo. To be or not to be?

Do you have an answer or are you preparing one?