Author Topic: Substance to Corona C4D  (Read 3907 times)

2017-04-19, 15:17:20

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am now using textures created in Substance Designer in Corona C4D, but I have questions about the IOR mat.  I know this has been discussed here,  https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=13985.0, but I am confused on how to use the Layer shader with the map generated by Substance.  Guillaume states:

"You don't need to uses "CoronaMix Texture" node in C4D, because you already have the "Layer" option. You'll find by clicking on the arrow next to the map slot. It's very complete and has different type of blending too.

For the IOR map generated by Substance Designer, you need to set the highest IOR value you want on your material.
Example: I designed a Chrome with dirt on it in Substance Designer > In Corona, I put 20-50 in the IOR value (for chrome) of my standard Material, then I input the IOR map generated by Substance Designer in the texture slot, it will decrease the value of the IOR where the dirt appears. (Chrome ~ 20 -50 / Dirt ~ 1.4)."

How does what he describes above involve the layer shader?  I must be missing something.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

2017-04-19, 17:42:33
Reply #1

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D

2017-04-19, 19:51:37
Reply #2

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm also having issues with the glossiness map.  I am using the Corona setting when exporting from Substance Painter.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a successful workflow from Substance Painter to Corona for C4D?  Thanks again, Kevin.

2017-04-22, 01:44:09
Reply #3

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile

2017-04-22, 04:24:09
Reply #4

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rajko.  Check what out? I looked at the links in your signature line and couldn't find anything on this topic. Thanks, Kevin

2017-04-22, 17:15:23
Reply #6

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Rajko.  Very helpful.  I'll give the SP script a try this afternoon.