Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207005 times)

2017-09-18, 07:06:25
Reply #465

bgolds99

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs,

Just wanting to ask what operating system you are using on your development machines? I'm still having big issues with lots of crashes when multipass is enabled (on big scenes). There is no mention of these issues for most people and i would imagine if you were getting them, you would have fixed the issue by now.... so I'm figuring that maybe my older operating system (windows 7) may be the problem? is this likely?

I have 3 machines all running windows 7 ultimate, and the issue is consistent between them.

Cheers,
Brad

2017-09-18, 12:28:43
Reply #466

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs,

Just wanting to ask what operating system you are using on your development machines? I'm still having big issues with lots of crashes when multipass is enabled (on big scenes). There is no mention of these issues for most people and i would imagine if you were getting them, you would have fixed the issue by now.... so I'm figuring that maybe my older operating system (windows 7) may be the problem? is this likely?

I have 3 machines all running windows 7 ultimate, and the issue is consistent between them.

Cheers,
Brad

Hi Brad,

I use MacBook Pro (2,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 Cores) with macOS Sierra, Cestmir uses (3,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 Cores) with Windows 10 and Ales uses some powerful Core i7 notebook with Windows 10. I will try to reproduce the bug on Windows 7 virtual machine to see if it is the problem.

Nikola

2017-09-19, 04:19:04
Reply #467

bgolds99

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK cool.

Thanks Nikola

2017-09-20, 19:50:36
Reply #468

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Just a quick one, is there any plans to support Substance materials without having to rebuild them as a corona material now cinema supports then natively?

Thanks,

Phil

2017-09-20, 21:37:19
Reply #469

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

2017-09-21, 09:01:47
Reply #470

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Just a quick one, is there any plans to support Substance materials without having to rebuild them as a corona material now cinema supports then natively?

Well, the problem is that this would only work for people, who have C4D 18 and higher, whereas Corona supports versions back to C4D 14. But we'll think about it...

2017-09-21, 14:07:45
Reply #471

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
There's the substance official plugin for c4d with the exact same tools. That came out before the adoption into the new release.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/substance-cinema4d

2017-09-23, 22:36:29
Reply #472

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Quick question :) Are the new image sampler and other performance updates going to be present in the upcoming dailies as well? The speed improvements on the 3ds Max side are something else :)

Thanks!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-24, 00:26:08
Reply #473

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Quick question :) Are the new image sampler and other performance updates going to be present in the upcoming dailies as well? The speed improvements on the 3ds Max side are something else :)

Thanks!

Agree! Looks like 3ds Max version is faster!

2017-09-24, 11:51:15
Reply #474

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With some scenes i tested daily before the new image sampler was added and after and couldnt find much speed improvements even in scenes that are just lit by hdri. Tried different lighting and scene types and there is no real benefit. Surely sth to investigate on.

2017-09-24, 14:02:09
Reply #475

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
With some scenes i tested daily before the new image sampler was added and after and couldnt find much speed improvements even in scenes that are just lit by hdri. Tried different lighting and scene types and there is no real benefit. Surely sth to investigate on.

Really? My God! Why is this all sooo 3ds-oriented?! Can't those ppl see that Cinema 4d has way MORE faster and intuitive worlflow?! Please, RL, give us full-speed version of you great product!

2017-09-24, 17:17:46
Reply #476

Lamarc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i wasnt talking about 3ds. I just compared the daily c4d builds pre and after they added the new sampler and cant realy notice much of a difference.. has nothing todo with 3ds ;)

2017-09-24, 17:27:45
Reply #477

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
i wasnt talking about 3ds. I just compared the daily c4d builds pre and after they added the new sampler and cant realy notice much of a difference.. has nothing todo with 3ds ;)
I understand this. But I was looking some videos of 3ds/Corona and it looks much faster. I guess some comoare test woukd be useful.

2017-09-24, 17:33:21
Reply #478

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
From my "observation" the 3ds Max version is noticeably faster since they implemented all the new stuff :) I wonder how these core updates are going to be handled for the c4d plugin...
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-09-24, 18:41:55
Reply #479

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile

DMC was never faster for me either.