Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 206999 times)

2017-04-19, 10:48:00
Reply #150

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi houska,

thank you for your efforts. I tried again with a simple shader ball. The view with a noise shader in the bump channel will not be nicer. I have attached the scene and 2 screenshots.

I looked at your scene and first thing I noticed is - the noise shader looks completely different from the noise texture. Look at the attached image - left is the shader preview from Cinema, right is the image opened in an image viewer app. You can easily notice the black spots that cause the flat bottom holes in the render. How did you export the noise to the texture, if I may ask?

2017-04-19, 11:04:39
Reply #151

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Same problem here, procedural noise gives me strange results in bump but is fine in displace. Made a couple of renders without reflection on the same scene, but also had the problem on another scene so i don't think it's scene related.

Hmm, I tried your scene and it does look very different, indeed! It might be due to some correction that is being done in order for the render to stay realistic (because bump itself is pretty unrealistic if you think about it...). I'll ask around what can be done about it.

2017-04-19, 15:31:11
Reply #152

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any word on bloom and glare getting fixed for the next build? Currently when using multipass I can only get it to show on the base beauty layer but that means you cant use light mix as it doesnt show on the light mix layer and the bloom and glare layer just shows black. B+G also doesnt get passed from the VFB to the PV.

On a separate issue why are there now two beauty passes - one original and one 100% denoised (i.e. a smooth blur)?

2017-04-19, 16:53:18
Reply #153

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not know if it has already been mentioned: The noise shader in the bump channel does not look good at all:

> [test B1 noise.jpg] noise shader in bump channel
> [test B1 noise bitmap] the same noise, but as a bitmap
> [test B1 noise displ] noise shader in displace channel

Whether it was so in version A6, I do not know. Since I could not use any noise shader in A6, because Cinema always crashed.

Corona Beta 1 from 2017-04-07

Hi, Allertaler!

I just tried this in beta1 from 2017-04-13 with noise shader, with bitmap (baked noise texture) and Corona bitmap and it looks OK to me. Sure, if you set the strength too high with the noise shader, you're bound to get crazy results, but otherwise, displacement and bump always correspond to each other, not like in your images. Could you maybe ellaborate on what exactly is wrong and if possible, make a scene where we can easily see what you mean? Thanks!

Hi houska,

thank you for your efforts. I tried again with a simple shader ball. The view with a noise shader in the bump channel will not be nicer. I have attached the scene and 2 screenshots.

i got this problem long time ago,look at it. bump with noise.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13491.0.html

2017-04-19, 23:42:51
Reply #154

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-04-20, 11:23:57
Reply #155

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are these things? With other versions did not appear (a.6.3)
« Last Edit: 2017-04-20, 11:34:13 by fabio81 »

2017-04-20, 11:30:20
Reply #156

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Are these things? With other versions did not appear (a.6.3)

Is there scene? With no scene no fix appear :-)

2017-04-20, 11:35:46
Reply #157

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is a geometry inside a hypernurbs. Even making it editable is always the problem.
With the Alpha 6.3 version the problem is not there
thanks

2017-04-20, 11:53:51
Reply #158

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is resolved by increasing subdivisions but I do not know if it is a bug to fix. Normally, should it also work with low subdivisions right?

2017-04-20, 12:56:48
Reply #159

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The problem is resolved by increasing subdivisions but I do not know if it is a bug to fix. Normally, should it also work with low subdivisions right?

Subdivisions should work fine, yes. However, I tried it now with a simple cube and the normals don't look very good. We will look at it. However, I am not sure if what you are showing us in the pictures is the same thing as what I just reproduced. Without having your scene, I cannot say for sure...

2017-04-20, 13:06:11
Reply #160

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Subdivisions should work fine, yes. However, I tried it now with a simple cube and the normals don't look very good. We will look at it. However, I am not sure if what you are showing us in the pictures is the same thing as what I just reproduced. Without having your scene, I cannot say for sure...

I am attaching the file  :)

2017-04-20, 13:40:05
Reply #161

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
Try OpenSubdiv Boucle on Subdivision Type

2017-04-20, 15:07:39
Reply #162

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be very useful to have a function to be able to automatically save the CXR file. In situations where there are queues render, it can be done by the pictur viewer of Cinema but if the program crashes, we lose the file.

2017-04-20, 15:15:59
Reply #163

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
It would be very useful to have a function to be able to automatically save the CXR file. In situations where there are queues render, it can be done by the pictur viewer of Cinema but if the program crashes, we lose the file.

Yes, we know about this and it is planned.

2017-04-20, 15:25:35
Reply #164

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
perfect! They are doing a great job guys !!  :)