Author Topic: about alpha masks for compositing  (Read 10837 times)

2017-04-04, 09:33:49
Reply #15

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi basor, I use photoshop script "load into stack" to load a folder with beauty, alphas, etc.

2017-04-14, 13:50:06
Reply #16

basor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi synolog, thanks for your answer! Unfortunately this doesn't really help me. I will just get all the files directly into one photoshop file, but my problem is with the alpha channels. Isn't there a way to get them as an alpha channel directly out of corona, just like you have it with the standard renderer from cinema 4d? I think the color selector doesn't work that accurate to save the alpha channels individually from every mask layer.

I attached an image from photoshop, where you see want I mean

2017-04-14, 15:34:48
Reply #17

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi synolog, thanks for your answer! Unfortunately this doesn't really help me. I will just get all the files directly into one photoshop file, but my problem is with the alpha channels. Isn't there a way to get them as an alpha channel directly out of corona, just like you have it with the standard renderer from cinema 4d? I think the color selector doesn't work that accurate to save the alpha channels individually from every mask layer.

I attached an image from photoshop, where you see want I mean

Hi, i've attached a psd file from C4D/Corona using save multipass image and standard c4d_render_viewport. Usefull?

2017-04-19, 16:35:04
Reply #18

basor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi synolog, thanks for your answer! I made some screenshots from a work in progress visualization I am working on. On the first image you see my scene, it had some different masks with it, one for each material. But when I load in one of the masks (image 2) and select by color and then change it to lights, so it just takes the white tones, it just doesnt select them perfectly (image 3). With the Cinema4D standard renderer you have the masks directly converted to alpha channels, so you can simply select the layer and it selects everything perfectly fine. So thats kind of my problem, I can't select the masks properly when I have more detailed scenes.. Is there anything I can do?

Or is it just a bug from photoshop, so it just didn't show the selection in the correct way? Thats what I'm thinking after selecting the lights and not the color white..
« Last Edit: 2017-04-19, 16:39:19 by basor »

2017-08-22, 07:02:20
Reply #19

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
In save alpha channel is active and in Multi-pass Alpha also active.
I am getting alpha layer in white...!

any help...?

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.