Author Topic: Travelling Essentials  (Read 12329 times)

2015-12-14, 21:48:18
Reply #15

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice work! I like the arrangement and it's very coherent.

Me neither. I think Veronika saw it in some tutorial, but none of us remember where.

Could be a Viscorbel tutorial. There's one with a couple of stitching methods and I think one of them used this kind of approach.

2015-12-14, 21:51:10
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You are correct ! Googled it out and it's probably this one http://viscorbel.com/modeling-stitching-in-3ds-max/

Came in 2013 so no wonder :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-12-14, 22:40:16
Reply #17

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

About watch and caustics - these are reflective caustics. They should usually render pretty fast. Refractive ones - that's a different story. ;)

Did some test :- ) Not at all from this experience (or all past tries). I only rendered that little watch piece, so basically 500x500px, not a lot. Using default MSI 20 (anything else wouldn't clear at all).

1000 (!!) passes later, using default 16/2 settings GI/AA, it's still noisy. And this is basically no-GI render, it's HDRi without any geometry around the scene, super simple to render. Everything else was clean at 10 passes :- ).

Caustics, as they are, are basically useless. This direct approach isn't imho feasible at the moment.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-12-14, 23:50:02
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I am suprised how many people commented they have that camera :- ) We've no idea what it was, just pretty model from 3dSky.

Every other people from former Soviet union has or had that camera. Me too :] Inherited it from my Dad. Only my lens is quite cheaper.

BTW, i don't like how outer edge of wristwatch blends with background - it makes watch itself to look somehow blocky. Other than that, everything looks perfect.

everyone has the camera and also everyone modelled it in 3D :D. One of my first renders. Glorious scanline renderer!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-14, 23:51:52
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
BTW: There is no difference between reflective and refractive caustics in speed. Only thing that matters is how sharp is the caustic. Sharper = slower.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-15, 08:42:48
Reply #20

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
everyone has the camera and also everyone modelled it in 3D :D. One of my first renders. Glorious scanline renderer!

I haven't modelled mine yet. Need to fix that mistake ASAP :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-15, 12:21:44
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the confusion with caustics. I was wrong probably because reflective caustics are *usually* less intensive than refractive ones (and that's probably because refractive usually focus light and reflective scatter it). Here are some tests. I set MSI to 0.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-15, 14:16:58
Reply #22

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
I have that Helios lens, I use it on my 5D Mark III!

Great work from Veronika, love the lighting and the models!
A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...