Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: how to prevent DoF on backdrop picture ?
« Last post by pokoy on Today at 13:35:41 »
I think the best way to solve this on the part of the developers would be to make the enviro distance parameter (in the development/experimental stuff rollout) interact with DOF, then we could simply set it equal to the target distance of the camera and there would be no blur, but now unfortunately it won't work.
Ah that wouldn't work in many cases as for most use cases it would involve a 3d object rendered on another geometry with Shadowcatcher Mtl (some sort matte object), so no DOF on environment only wouldn't help much, at least in all the cases I would've needed such an option.

Generally, we would need an option to exclude from DOF:
- environment (any pixel that ends up in infinity/env with no alpha)
- background (any pixel that ends up in infinity/background with no alpha)
- objects that act as a matte with Shadow Catcher Mtl (any pixel that ends up on a matte geometry), best optionally per Shadow Catcher Mtl

This has some challenging implications with regards to reflections/refractions and object/alpha blending but I'd take any rudimentary approach over having no option at all anytime.

I'd love for development to take 1-2 cycles trying to solve these little quality of life requests (there are lots more) but I guess everyone has their own set of annoyances they would like to see solved.
I think the best way to solve this on the part of the developers would be to make the enviro distance parameter (in the development/experimental stuff rollout) interact with DOF, then we could simply set it equal to the target distance of the camera and there would be no blur, but now unfortunately it won't work.

I requested this like 10 years ago, devs said no.
Hello there,

Thank you for all your feedback.
Have any of you already tried the latest Daily build? (23.4)
Does the issue persist?
Could any of you share a previous scene so that we can use it to reproduce the issue on our end?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Have an amazing weekend ahead.

Yes, it does!!
[Max] I need help! / Re: how to prevent DoF on backdrop picture ?
« Last post by marchik on Today at 09:28:18 »
i would want to ask why the reflection of the red clouded portion is blurry and not the same as the other? does this mean its about the hardware lssue? or the setting of the reflective properties of the black granite flooring? (please refer on the attached image with a red cloud portion)

can somebody enlighten with this and thank you in advance
[C4D] Daily Builds / Re: Intel CPU/GPU AI denoising not working in M1
« Last post by bnji on Today at 04:16:17 »
Hello there,
This is still being investigated.
Kind regards.
Hello there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Could you please provide screenshots or screen recordings showing the issue in action?
I've been trying to reproduce this; however, I haven't had luck so far.
I have a "Scene_A" file and a "Scene_B" file, respectively.
Both scene files have the same objects (geometry and names) and the same materials (names and textures loaded)
I'm copying/pasting objects from Scene_A to Scene_B, and every time I try, the objects paste correctly, and the materials get duplicated (meaning C4D is copying the materials from the source file).
So far, this is expected, correct?
Please provide me with some additional feedback/steps/info so that I can understand the issue you're reporting and successfully reproduce it on my end.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Hello there,

Thank you for all your feedback.
Have any of you already tried the latest Daily build? (23.4)
Does the issue persist?
Could any of you share a previous scene so that we can use it to reproduce the issue on our end?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Caustics flickering in animation
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Yesterday at 21:42:37 »
Thank you.

This is yet another "research" for this topic we will add to the investigations, so thanks for your efforts.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Caustics flickering in animation
« Last post by Norma on Yesterday at 20:48:43 »
Doesn´t seem to improve.
See attachement.

Notes:
Primary: Path Tracing
Secoundary: UHD Cache
Animation (flicker-free)
Precomp: Try to load + append    After render: Save to file

Noise level x frame: 5% + Corona Denoise.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10