Author Topic: Corona Camera moves its own target  (Read 4317 times)

2017-10-31, 11:25:13

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have a problem with the new corona camera slowly moving its own target. If you create a corona camera and watch it the target slowly shortens until its right back next to the camera. There are about 3 other cameras that are fine in the scene but each time a new one is made or copied the target slowly shrinks back to the camera. No new camera will create properly.

Is there something up with the corona camera?

2017-10-31, 12:17:12
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There was various problems with CoronaCam and its target in daily builds, but those should be solved in final release. Are you on 1.7 public? Maybe you could try to uninstal it cleanly and reinstal fresh?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-31, 12:59:15
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, do you have any information on when the target moves? Is it just an ongoing thing all by itself even when you are doing nothing, or it happens when you are performing certain tasks? Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-31, 13:48:35
Reply #3

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we didnt use any daily builds. fresh 1.7 install round the office.

It seems to just do it slowly by itself but if you click on the camera and off it jumps back a bit further. Its only on this one PC at moment, no one else has run into this issue and the other cameras already existing are working fine.

2017-10-31, 14:53:32
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Moving to bug reporting board.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-31, 14:55:37
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
DarcTheo could you record a short video demonstrating this, or explain step by step how to reproduce it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-31, 15:53:55
Reply #6

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DarcTheo could you record a short video demonstrating this, or explain step by step how to reproduce it?

Colleague had deleted all the cameras and reverted to physical cam. can't seem to recreate it now. opened old save to see but still doesn't happen again. We had tried closing the file and reopening before but the problem was still there.... don't know what fixed it.

To describe it, you would create a corona cam in top view. the target would be drawn out and then suddenly start snapping back toward the camera body. if you turned the target on and off it would jump further back toward the camera. if you just watched from top few it would slowly tick backwards toward the camera body.

Copying a working camera didn't fix it. making a new one didn't fix it. closing the file didn't fix it. after using the physical cameras and going back it seems to be working again.

If he has it happen again i'll get him to record it and upload it for you but it seems to have fixed itself... sorry!

2017-10-31, 16:07:00
Reply #7

Alexandre Besson

• Active Users
  • http://www.alexandre-besson.com
    • View Profile
    • Alexandre Besson portfolio
Hi,

The Problem appears only when the vertical shift and horizontal shift are both enabled.

2017-10-31, 16:17:49
Reply #8

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

The Problem appears only when the vertical shift and horizontal shift are both enabled.

Just tested this also. Can confirm does it on the original problematic machine and mine.

2017-11-01, 09:59:37
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Confirmed. If you enable vertical and horizontal tilt and shift, the target moves towards the camera by itself, even if you just move the mouse cursor around.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-12-16, 20:57:19
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fixed in hotfix
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)