Author Topic: Vancoucer Suits  (Read 4922 times)

2016-09-20, 17:31:15

Vasco Pata

• Active Users
  • www.vpva.pt
    • View Profile
    • VPVA
Hello all,

Finally we´re able to publish some images we´ve done for the new Suits in Vancouver.

The design is done by CHIL.

Some of the furniture was modeled by us, and some other was bought or downloaded.

Would love to hear your comments and critics.
Thanks

Best regards,
Vasco

2016-09-21, 19:48:47
Reply #1

Seth Richardson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
5th one down looks like he was having breakfeast with friends and said something wrong and they all left and now he is sitting on his bed reflecting and looking depressed.....

Bathroom looks visually bad imo as well.  Not sure if its the dark green accents, lighting, lack of any real pop or eye candy... or maybe all 3.

2016-09-21, 22:39:15
Reply #2

Vasco Pata

• Active Users
  • www.vpva.pt
    • View Profile
    • VPVA
Yes you're right!

The guy was a bit drunk that morning, and his wife(not the friends) went out in the middle of the breakfast. Now he is thinking where she can be.

Maybe in the next images we will have the answer to this really important question!

2016-09-24, 15:38:59
Reply #3

Ałtaj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice work :D How long did it take to render each image?

2016-09-24, 16:08:27
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes you're right!

The guy was a bit drunk that morning, and his wife(not the friends) went out in the middle of the breakfast. Now he is thinking where she can be.

Maybe in the next images we will have the answer to this really important question!

Ah the stories that renders can tell :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-26, 03:11:10
Reply #5

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
My main concerns about this is the low quality HDRIs in the background, and the fact that it looks like there is no glass in the windows. Otherwise the lighting is smooth and even, and the modeling looks great too!

2016-09-26, 11:52:15
Reply #6

Vasco Pata

• Active Users
  • www.vpva.pt
    • View Profile
    • VPVA
Nice work :D How long did it take to render each image?

Hi Altaj,

Around 4 to 5 hours each image. But with a bigger size (5555 x 3486 px) than this one that is posted.

The time increased a lot when started to use the hair and fur on the carpets, and also the displacemente on the bathroom tiles.

Cheers

2016-09-27, 10:08:32
Reply #7

Vasco Pata

• Active Users
  • www.vpva.pt
    • View Profile
    • VPVA
Yes you're right!

Ah the stories that renders can tell :)

Eheh.. why do you need a movies, when you have images?

2016-09-27, 10:13:44
Reply #8

Vasco Pata

• Active Users
  • www.vpva.pt
    • View Profile
    • VPVA
My main concerns about this is the low quality HDRIs in the background, and the fact that it looks like there is no glass in the windows. Otherwise the lighting is smooth and even, and the modeling looks great too!

Hi Sportler,

Thanks for your constructive feedback!

You´re right on both questios:

- About the HDRI, I didn´t use one. I used Corona Sky and Sun.
The image you see in the background is a jpeg with low resolution, added in post. The client didn´t send me one photography from the surrounding, so I had to use this one..

You´re right, there are no glasses on the windows.. I was having problems with that, so I removed them.

Cheers

Vasco