Author Topic: best mouse for 3ds MAX  (Read 39231 times)

2018-12-05, 21:56:42
Reply #45

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The MX Master 2S has treated our Artists well! Would highly recommend it.

+ a wireless battery time of 70 days!

Sup Charlie, Hope London is treating you well post uni!

2019-01-09, 16:25:33
Reply #46

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Logitech is super expensive. And it has uncanny "feature" of stopping functioning eventually, I used to replace Performance MX every six months once...

I have the same problem with Logitech M325. I need to change it every 6 months. Not acceptable.
My desk is starting to look like a mouse infestation.

2019-01-24, 12:16:57
Reply #47

dgruwier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I solved the middle mouse button issue by getting a gamer mouse and re-assigning one of the thumb buttons to be MMB. I'll never go back to clicking on the scroll wheel.

I use a G602 at the moment, been using it all day, every day since 2013. I bought a couple extra ones (lightly used, $30 each) for when (Or at this point, if) it ever breaks. Upgraded it with my own rechargeable batteries (it uses regular AA) which I have to swap once every half year or so. Highly recommend.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-24, 12:31:06 by dgruwier »

2019-02-05, 15:05:09
Reply #48

3dcrgr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use the Logitech M500. I really hated it at first and it was my backup in case the "Microsoft wheel mouse optical 1.1a" dies.
It was a very stressful time and I couldn't afford even 1 hour to get to the store and buy a proper tool.. so I got used to it.

I use this M500 for the past 5 or 6 years and it just won't die.
Even got a brand new M305 (which is very accurate for a wireless rat. it really blown my mind when I tried it at the store) and I don't have the power of will to make the switch.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-05, 15:08:38 by 3dcrgr »

2019-02-07, 12:31:36
Reply #49

fkoehler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 Anker Vertical mouse (wired) user. After one morning using it and I'm converted! Very light and fast, the only downside is not having support for the small finger (pinky?) and it tends to rub on the mouse pad.

2019-02-12, 14:00:06
Reply #50

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 Anker Vertical mouse (wired) user. After one morning using it and I'm converted! Very light and fast, the only downside is not having support for the small finger (pinky?) and it tends to rub on the mouse pad.

I miss having some sort of support under my thumb on that mouse too

2019-02-13, 12:21:52
Reply #51

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Recently I switched to Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic. It looks alien and feels super uncomfortable at first, but after I got used to it I think it's much more convenient than classic keyboard+mouse combo I used before. The mouse is almost sphere-shaped and has a thumb rest with two thumb buttons which can be customized (I didn't yet figure out what to assign there). I can feel that completely different muscles are working when I am using this mouse.
It is a bit pricey (about 100€), but if you are lucky you can get it cheaper (sales, used ones, etc).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-02-13, 13:45:13
Reply #52

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Recently I switched to Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic. It looks alien and feels super uncomfortable at first, but after I got used to it I think it's much more convenient than classic keyboard+mouse combo I used before. The mouse is almost sphere-shaped and has a thumb rest with two thumb buttons which can be customized (I didn't yet figure out what to assign there). I can feel that completely different muscles are working when I am using this mouse.
It is a bit pricey (about 100€), but if you are lucky you can get it cheaper (sales, used ones, etc).

Heh yeah this is fun mouse, I used it for past two years myself :- ). Month ago I switched to Logitech Vertical though after even the Sculpt wasn't enough to aleviate all wrist pains. Sculpt was much better that regular mouse which made the pain almost debilitating, but Vertical is whole another league.

The Sculpt (the bulbous, there are two models in fact) is perfect middle ground.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-02-13, 16:37:55
Reply #53

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    My report after testing several mice. :p
    About a month ago I bought:

• Evoluent VM4SW VerticalMouse 4 Right Hand Ergonomic Mouse with Wireless Connection

Returned: It's TOO vertical. It slips when lifting it to move it. Annoying. Also it gave me pain in the lower part of the hand.
    Also it's too massive and I kept hitting the keyboard.

• 3Dconnexion Spacemouse Compact 3D Mouse

Kept. It's nice to have when navigating through some scenes.

• Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse – Adjustable Ergonomic Design, control and Move Text/Images/Files Between 2 Windows and Apple Mac Computers (Bluetooth or USB), Rechargeable, Graphite

Returned
    Definitely an option. It's nice that I don't need to move around the hand. I'd consider it if I got wrist pain. Not at the moment.

• VicTsing MM057 2.4G Wireless Portable Mobile Mouse Optical Mice with USB Receiver, 5 Adjustable DPI Levels, 6 Buttons for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer - Black
    • VicTsing Wireless Mouse, 2nd Computer Mouse with 5 Adjustable DPI Levels, Ergonomic Optical USB Mouse with Nano USB Receiver, 6 Buttons for Laptop, Notebook, PC, Black

Returned.
    Both VicTsing were pretty goor for such cheap mice. But I like the wheel in my m325 better.

BTW I found a way to fix logitech's wireless problems: a USB extender.

« Last Edit: 2019-02-13, 16:42:46 by lupaz »

2019-02-13, 19:18:10
Reply #54

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've yet to find a mouse with a similar middle mouse button as the Microsoft Wheel mouse optical. Can anyone chip in about what mice have a soft middle mouse button? Almost all new mice have incredibly hard to press middle mouse buttons...

2019-02-15, 09:19:51
Reply #55

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
It's TOO vertical.
BLASPHEMY!
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-02-15, 10:38:47
Reply #56

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Heh yeah this is fun mouse, I used it for past two years myself :- ). Month ago I switched to Logitech Vertical though after even the Sculpt wasn't enough to aleviate all wrist pains. Sculpt was much better that regular mouse which made the pain almost debilitating, but Vertical is whole another league.

The Sculpt (the bulbous, there are two models in fact) is perfect middle ground.

How are you finding the MX vertical?
Ive been put off by too many people saying MX mice die after 6-8 months

2019-02-15, 13:31:29
Reply #57

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah well, I do sorta expect it to die after a year, I am not making illusions. One year would be nice actually as with my sweaty hands, any semi rubberized plastic ends up looking less than pleasing...

I can't compare the vertical aspect to any other of such kind, never tried other ones I just trusted Logitech to get this one right.
I am overall very please, only contentious point could be (might be plus for others) is that the mouse is very, very light-weight. It lacks any kind of heft, almost feels like toy.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-02-15, 15:07:10
Reply #58

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive been put off by too many people saying MX mice die after 6-8 months

In my case they weren't dying but they start to have lag. I solved the problem by adding a USB extension. Apparently there was interference. 

2019-02-15, 16:25:10
Reply #59

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think vertical mice are intentionally light due to the difference in how you move it with your wrist rather than your whole arm.
I'm tempted to get one but the cost of them is pretty steep for something you only expect to last a year. But then again I do use it for most of my day.