Author Topic: Camera distortion correction (vertical, horizontal shift)  (Read 12288 times)

2016-02-03, 20:46:06

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, so I'm trying to do a few architectural renderings but I cannot get the same angle I had in my scene in vrayc4d. I use the "vertical shift" slider in the vray camera tag all the time.
Is there an equivalent for Corona?
Thanks!

2016-02-03, 21:25:31
Reply #1

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Comparison between vray image and Corona image:
VrayC4D. 8:25 minutes

Corona. 8:25 minutes.

See the angles of the walls
Also check out the noise.

2016-02-03, 21:33:10
Reply #2

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
You better don't touch the shift values (in vraycamtag) that's for 3dsmax  users cause their native camera doesn't support shifting.
Instead use the Film Offset Y in Camera Object Properties, this also gives you direct feedback in viewport.
Intended way to use is: Keep vertical rotation of the camera at 0° and correct to desired framing with "Film Offset Y". This usually works for every renderengine within c4d.

best regards

2016-02-04, 01:42:49
Reply #3

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you!. that was precisely what I needed.

What can you tell me about the render times?
I've been told that corona is a bit faster than vray, but given the example I posted, for me it doesn't seem to be the case. I kept rendering for 30 minutes and I got a usable image (after some noise reduction), compared to the vray one. This is normal, right? Otherwise I could be doing something wrong.

2016-02-04, 09:58:18
Reply #4

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What can you tell me about the render times?
I've been told that corona is a bit faster than vray, but given the example I posted, for me it doesn't seem to be the case. I kept rendering for 30 minutes and I got a usable image (after some noise reduction), compared to the vray one. This is normal, right? Otherwise I could be doing something wrong.

You can reduce the noise by enabling increased this value: Performance settings --> GI/AA balance (ca. > 24)

2016-02-04, 12:10:56
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This looks like a case where placing portals could help. But I am not sure if there are already portals in the C4D version.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-04, 12:48:30
Reply #6

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
there are: use single planes with portal material.
further corona's advantages are when more precise GI is needed. if you look closely, the vray render lacks precise gi, this is not that visible because of the concrete structure, but in more common interior shots you'll notice this really quick ;)
« Last Edit: 2016-02-04, 12:51:55 by Mor4us »

2016-02-17, 08:41:20
Reply #7

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Mor4us

Search your C4D content library for the 'tilt camera'. It has an xpresso linked user control for vertical correction. I wouldn't recommend any horizontal correction, just have your camera perpendicular to the plane you want to appear regular.

2016-02-26, 15:17:00
Reply #8

Jarda

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey xkuruma,

concerning the performance, are you using UHD cache in Corona? Could you post the scene? (Both vray and corona versions). I'd love to see where the performance gap may be coming from. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jarda