Author Topic: VFB+ and Corona Distributed Rendering  (Read 8886 times)

2016-08-09, 16:57:06

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Hi all,

I started playing with VFB+ recently and its pretty awesome. What I really miss however is the 'DR' tab in the Corona frame buffer that lets me know if my distributed rendering is going ok, and if there are any problems with my nodes.

Is there some other way I could keep watch on their status while using VFB+? Thanks in advance!

2016-08-09, 21:11:53
Reply #1

serch

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-10, 15:54:12
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I know this is not answer, but here is what I do for few more reasons. I use Corona buffer, and open VFB+ after the rendering is finished.

- Gives the same result as if the VFB+ was opened during the whole time.
- Gives me DR and all the info stuff
- Let's me denoise.

There is drawback, it only works one time. Seems like issue on Corona side, because when you select "send to native buffer" in corona framebuffer, it opens some weird instance which doesn't have plugins.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-10, 15:58:03 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-10, 21:10:41
Reply #3

kehlje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arch. Portfolio
Juraj, this is a simple solution and works perfectly - thank you. It was actually your tutorial blog post that introduced me to VFB+! Thank you and I appreciated your blog post a lot. The emphasis you placed on the Sun/Lighting makes a lot of sense to me and is definitely impacting my work.

2016-08-15, 12:03:30
Reply #4

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Slightly off topic but a question about VFB+
I bought it last week but it wont show Corona Render Elements - Am I doing something wrong or ?
(for example right this moment I have Cgeometry_Zdepth and Ctexmap AO -elements but VFB+ shows them as black)

2016-08-15, 12:11:13
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Slightly off topic but a question about VFB+
I bought it last week but it wont show Corona Render Elements - Am I doing something wrong or ?
(for example right this moment I have Cgeometry_Zdepth and Ctexmap AO -elements but VFB+ shows them as black)

I am not exactly sure of this, but I think VFB+ copies elements after the render is done ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-15, 14:45:44
Reply #6

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know this is not the correct place to ask this but... If anyone has any idea?
I will ask the maker of VFB+
In this quick test render there is Zdepth and Ctexmap but both elements come empty. As I click "Display elements" from render setup, it will be unchecked as I press F9.

2016-08-19, 14:47:19
Reply #7

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
I have the exact same issue. Using the daily builds and have updated VFB+ and now the render elements are blank when rendered. Pain in the a$$ as I really liked the White balance adjuster in VFB+ as it is the same as a real camera.

2016-08-20, 00:09:25
Reply #8

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wrote to the guy who has made VFB+ but he has not answered.

I have understood that IF I want render elements right now to VFB+, I have to render them first with Corona VFB and they will come to VFB+ when I render with it.
BUT. Change the camera angle > render again with Corona VFB and then render again with VFB+

And please - IF someone knows more than me - please let me know! :) For now my Render Elements are totally blank.

2016-08-20, 10:37:49
Reply #9

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
naikku, I have not received any email from you.

The issue of elements during render with Corona has been covered in this post: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10280.msg76635.html

Generally, if you render with VFB+ the render elements should be there when rendering is done. However, it seems that if you cancel the render then this doesn't happen. Since VFB+ doesn't make a distinction between a render that was cancelled and one that was completed then I'm assuming that Corona does not copy the render elements to the native 3dsmax buffers if the render was cancelled. Someone from the team should be able to verify.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-20, 10:43:52 by Rotem »

2016-08-20, 22:58:30
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'm assuming that Corona does not copy the render elements to the native 3dsmax buffers if the render was cancelled. Someone from the team should be able to verify.
Correct, corona makes that distinction. This is because in max 2017+ you have the stop option, and we did not want Corona to behave inconsistently across versions (cancel meaning stop in older vs. cancel in newer 3dsmax)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-21, 17:13:55
Reply #11

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirmed :)
Have to let the image render (I tested until 50 passes then it stopped).
The elements, Zdepth and AO, show now in VFB+.

Thanks Rotem and Ondra!

2016-08-21, 17:47:10
Reply #12

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Ondra.

I'm in the process for writing a script to take the image from coronas dumpVfb but it's not the image with denoising & effects etc.

Checked and the .exr files inside "...\plugcfg\corona\history" and they too are not with any post processing in Coronas VFB. Seems like that's done on the fly to the .exr which is a good idea as you don't destroy the image.

Is there a possibility to do a dumbVfb of the latest VFB image (once you do any PP that is) to anywhere on disk?

See image of btn incorporated into VFB+. Will probably add a dropdownlist of all coronas stored history files once I get this fix done in replacement of that button.

2016-08-21, 20:12:04
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the getVfbContent method allows to specify postprocessing on/off, is that not enough?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-21, 23:43:50
Reply #14

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glazed over that one!! Cheers.