Author Topic: [solved]Everything has gone Black!  (Read 7637 times)

2016-05-05, 08:44:31

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
Okay,
Are there any bugs that haven't been recognized yet? I started working with 3DS Max 2016 and Corona 1.3. Before this I had been working on projects in 3DS Max 2015 and Corona and have had no problems.

When I started applying textures to objects,in 3DS Max2016 my Material editor went all black and I couldn't see any textures what so ever. In the viewport I can see the textures applied. Now in addition to not being able to see my materials in the Material editor slot, when I try to render it renders black.

So I decided to go back to 3DS Max 2015 and open up the same file. When I open the material editor, it also is black (no materials) can be seen. Try to render and same results. Black. no image. I went to see if I could open a file that I recently worked on and knew it would render and it rendered a blank screen.

I feel that once I opened and worked in 2016 that is when everything started to fall apart. Are there any fixes to this? Kind of frustrated at the moment. Thank you for your time!

Best,
Mike
« Last Edit: 2016-05-05, 15:04:20 by maru »
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com

2016-05-05, 12:39:00
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Note: this was also sent to our support portal.

This doesn't look familiar to me. I am waiting for a sample scene.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-05, 13:31:22
Reply #2

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using perspective view? or Orthogonal?

2016-05-05, 14:19:49
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
do you try to switch render or install daily build?

2016-05-05, 15:04:00
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Fixed, apparently by re-activating license.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-05, 15:13:53
Reply #5

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
Thanks all for responding.
I've done all that you suggested. I really don't know what happened but I rebooted my machine this morning, opened up a new scene to try it once more. I opened Max 2015 and changed the renderer to Corona to see if the material editor responded with blackness again, But this time I was prompted "Corona license not present, aborting render". That has never happened to me before, so I went through the motions and followed the solutions tab and re activated my license and restarted my machine again.

I opened both max 2015 and 2016, converted the renderer to be Corona and everything was back to normal. Material editor displayed correctly and I can see a rendering when rendering. Nothing is black.

So I really don't know what to tell all of you. Just a weird situation that got fixed.

Best<
Mike
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com

2016-05-05, 15:15:36
Reply #6

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
Maru,

Yes, apparently it was a licensing issue, just weird how it all started. I'm happy that it is all working at this point.

Best,
Mike
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com