Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 114749 times)

2016-09-12, 21:03:13
Reply #450

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Hi I was just wondering, when are you planning this release?
Check the Corona Road Map for latest infos on dates and features.
Currently 07.10 is the aim.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-09-12, 21:06:30
Reply #451

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,
Sorry, but what it's it VR warps ?
Thanks

2016-09-13, 01:41:12
Reply #452

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Using Max 2017 and DB from the 8th - simple scene, one box , camera looking at it, default Corona light behind the camera. if I check Lights under Hide by Category, then the light no longer works (I get a black scene, see attached). If I uncheck Lights, it renders as expected.

Using Max 2017 and Corona 1.4, this doesn't happen - Hide by Category has no effect on whether the light shows up in the render, which would be correct. Hide by Category should just be hiding things in the viewport, not in the render.

NOTE - the grab has the history open, was comparing a more involved scene where I stumbled across this sorry about that, but it is a black scene in the Post area too :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-13, 08:18:07
Reply #453

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is by design, we made hide by category work in render as in viewport per user request
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-13, 13:43:36
Reply #454

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha, then working as planned in that case! With that in mind, I'll take to stopping light objects obstructing things in a solid mode view port while working on a scene by hiding the light object and enabling the Render hidden lights option unless anyone has a more elegant solution - and will remember to check for this in older scenes when I wonder what has happened to the lighting :) (which was where I stumbled across it as you might guess!)

2016-09-13, 16:04:06
Reply #455

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
well it is up for a discussion: who thinks the behavior should be reverted back again? (no checkbox solution though! ;))
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-13, 16:10:10
Reply #456

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I think it should be reversed, that check box is for viewport visualization not render. I use it like that a couple times

2016-09-13, 16:15:48
Reply #457

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally, I think it should be reversed, even though there is an alternative solution - mostly because the 3ds Max documentation about it says "Lights hidden by category continue to shine. Views through cameras and targeted lights are still active." (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-17B0FB7F-543B-4727-A16B-EAAF80922666-htm.html)

So my concern is that it will leave people confused if the function works differently only in Corona :)

2016-09-13, 16:37:14
Reply #458

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Standard behavior in max, is that cameras and lights works even when hidden. But in Corona lights does not render by default when hidden. So unless Coronas default behavior is changed, I don't think "hide by category" should behave different than it does. IMHO "hidden" means hidden no matter how it's done. And as Tom says, you can always check the "render hidden lights" if you want to.

So in short: Keep it as it is. It's the most logical way, and gives us a fast way to turn lights on and off (without a lightlister).

Best regards

2016-09-13, 16:39:17
Reply #459

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another vote for going back, Shift+L shouldn't affect rendering. I really want to be able to render lights even when they're hidden by category.

2016-09-13, 17:01:30
Reply #460

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
what about solution where only geometry is affected by hide by category? But not lights?

2016-09-13, 17:21:50
Reply #461

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Ok, then another vote for keeping it as it is. I think this is comprehensible and perfect now. Especially when thinking of interactive rendering ("what-you-see-is-what-you-render"). Those lights may stay an exception because of that checkbox in the corona render setup everyone should be aware of.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-09-13, 20:22:35
Reply #462

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I've reported this as a regular bug report but there's an issue with scene update/parsing in IR mode when rendering through a PhysCam. When rendering through a PhysCam changing the environment rotation used for lighting (for example) will take much longer to update the IR than when rendering in a perspective view. In a perspective view, the change will update immediately, with a PhysCam it takes 6-8 seconds and locks the VFB/UI in that time.

Haven't tested with Standard Cameras. Not sure if it happens with other parameter updates, only tested the environment U offset. Also, you might need to test this on a heavier scenes, it might not be noticeable with simpler scenes.

Let me know if you want me to report this in the bug reports section.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-13, 20:28:03 by pokoy »

2016-09-13, 21:12:53
Reply #463

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it was reported, hopefully I will get to it in a week or so

2016-09-13, 21:17:55
Reply #464

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I've reported this as a regular bug report but there's an issue with scene update/parsing in IR mode when rendering through a PhysCam. When rendering through a PhysCam changing the environment rotation used for lighting (for example) will take much longer to update the IR than when rendering in a perspective view. In a perspective view, the change will update immediately, with a PhysCam it takes 6-8 seconds and locks the VFB/UI in that time.

Haven't tested with Standard Cameras. Not sure if it happens with other parameter updates, only tested the environment U offset. Also, you might need to test this on a heavier scenes, it might not be noticeable with simpler scenes.

Let me know if you want me to report this in the bug reports section.
3dmax Autodesk Physical Camera all full of various inconveniences:)
since in principle - it is Standard Camera with permanently active filter of Exposure Control in environment tab, which leads not only to freezing in interactive mode,  but simply to freeze 3dmax simple viewport from
Physical Camera view, so besides the additional inconvenience in the work it makes no sense at all :)))
« Last Edit: 2016-09-13, 21:23:41 by denisgo22 »