Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 111290 times)

2016-08-08, 18:32:17
Reply #270

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
ok, ive found another file that its not too heavy and presents the 3 mayor issues right now with daily build, viewport dropping performance when or after render,  displacement crash on proxys and backburnner error when rendering. Ive upload it to the dropbox folder for corona upload, its called social test
reproduced, will be fixed

Was also about to post that I just tested that latest 2016-08-05 and 2016-07-29 builds and having crashing issues with current/past projects with displacement turned on.  Seems to be proxies that have displacement causing the problem here.  Sound's like you're already aware of this but please feel free to let me know if you need any additional info or scene files for testing.
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2016-08-08, 21:00:28
Reply #271

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Custom history snapshot names are very cool. However as there is very limited space under thumbnail, longer names are hard to read. Could custom names to be shown in tooltips together with default info that is displayed now?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-08-09, 02:02:12
Reply #272

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Custom history snapshot names are very cool.

Yes they are!

Not as cool is: I have 3dsmax crashing on slaves after EVERY DR job, even when renderinig a box. Anyone else noticed? It crashes at the very end after finishing the job so it´s not very obvious but you can find it in the standard windows application log and the windows report archive directory (\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive) gets spammed with 3dsmax.exe reports.

Crash in ntdll.dll, faulty application: 3dsmax.exe. I noticed this because slaves had CPU load around 12% for quite a while after delivering their last result. The load is caused by windows error report collecting data about the crash (werfault.exe).

Edit:

Could someone using current dailies and DR please have a look in the windows log of some slaves? Just to be sure it´s not setup/plugin/whatever related.

It is in fact a plugin causing max to crash when beeing closed. WTF Itoo. It´s reproducable ForestPackPro 5.1.0. When installed closing max leads to some sort of hidden crash. When removed: all ok. Of course it crashes also when it´s closed by DrServer. What a messy post, sorry. Reported it at the Itoo forum now.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2016-08-09, 02:48:57 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-08-09, 08:38:36
Reply #273

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It is in fact a plugin causing max to crash when beeing closed. WTF Itoo. It´s reproducable ForestPackPro 5.1.0. When installed closing max leads to some sort of hidden crash.
Noticed it immediately after installation (I am using debugger so I see even hidden crashes, and believe me, there are a LOT of them) and reported to Itoo
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-09, 13:04:04
Reply #274

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Thank's Ondra, yes you mentioned somwhere that especially the (hidden) max viewport crashes are a real problem because it ruins a debug session. I think I will accept the offer for the custom fix they made, don´t want to reconfigure all nodes because of this.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-08-09, 14:26:14
Reply #275

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
After the improvements of CoronaScatter, we can delete FP from our list  =)  =)

2016-08-11, 20:10:11
Reply #276

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know you've probably answered the question a thousand times now but is there any solid ETA on fixing the low glossiness rim? I'm facing a job mid-September with a special focus on tires and many reflective surfaces in general and all my test were unacceptable, unfortunately. Fingers crossed it's going to be fixed by then.

2016-08-11, 20:47:40
Reply #277

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
work will start next week
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-11, 20:48:59
Reply #278

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
work will start next week
That's awesome - thanks for the quick response!

2016-08-14, 14:55:53
Reply #279

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, when is planned (approx) the release of 1.5? during August? (next week? XD)

Is because I tried it and the improvement in speed is very noticeable (I'm not sure if it's me but I get more or less clean 1080p scenes in 10 minutes with a 0.5 denoiser againts 25/35 min with 1.4... I don't know if I'm dreaming but... astonishing... and hte post process effects... simply WOW! For a fast job they are awesome!

Cheers.

2016-08-14, 14:56:53
Reply #280

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it will take at least a month from now

2016-08-14, 15:03:06
Reply #281

GabaCGStudio

General question,

is a plan to support hair directly and not mesh?

and is a plan for hair shader or not?

2016-08-14, 15:10:39
Reply #282

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, but not for 1.5

2016-08-14, 18:16:56
Reply #283

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it will take at least a month from now

Ok, thanks :)

2016-08-14, 18:33:04
Reply #284

GabaCGStudio

yes, but not for 1.5

Good ...
But is it very hard to make just a prototype of directly hair render?
« Last Edit: 2016-08-14, 18:56:55 by GabaCGStudio »