Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113588 times)

2016-07-30, 06:06:30
Reply #240

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
proxys with displacement crash 3dsmax, tested on 2017 with daily build 07-28-16

Wait, displaced proxies has actually been a thing? I've always assumed those two won't function together. Or have I mistaken it to displacement + scattering with Forest Pack.. ?

2016-07-30, 09:41:45
Reply #241

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I just got a chance to try 3ds max 2017. i notice coronaVFB looks bad when I change the 3dsmax UI to bright UI.
check the attachment

2016-07-30, 14:36:30
Reply #242

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
proxys with displacement crash 3dsmax, tested on 2017 with daily build 07-28-16

Do you mean proxies with displacement containing material applied to them ? If so when idk, but those seems to work fine for me in max 2017 and 28th daily - http://c2n.me/3AIJkB7, could that be that in some of the views you just got too close to those displacement containing proxies and displacement simply ate all your ram ? When doing that test I've seen some differences in 15gb (and more) ram consumption differences dependent on the view like say displacement was chewing some 5-7gigs when rendered from 8-10 meters distance and gone up to a 23gigs (or even more) when rendered from say 2or less meters - in those cases probably displacement in world size units could be a little more predictable though but would, of course, result in more ram consumption even when those same objects would be rendered from afar. Still I tested that in a rather simplistic way - maybe there's some multimaterial or displacement + some maps + proxies combination or even some transforms like scaling applied to those proxies which are causing that in your case - this you can only test yourself )
 And again, we surely need some more controls over displacement subdivision - like per object (via modifier) and per material subdivision\quality settings - to be able to combine world and screen size controlled displacement in a same rendering and to have more controls over displacement quality\speed in general well like say vray does.

2016-07-31, 06:18:59
Reply #243

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I have test the same scene with previous build and no crash with displacement, also tested on 32 and 64 gigs of ram, both dual Xeon, new daily crash, previous build renders ok, also haven't scaled any objects and no proxys are too close, closest is about 5 meters and also the proxys aren't scaled, I've just disabled the displacement and it renders perfect, turn on displacement ant it crashes

2016-07-31, 11:06:55
Reply #244

hubrobin

• Active Users
  • Light transport ninja
    • View Profile
Hey KOGODIS,
could you file a Mantis report? It would be really helpful if you could also attach a minimal scene in which the crash still occurs.

Thanks

2016-07-31, 23:44:31
Reply #245

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not getting the same results with displacement.
I'm using a noise in a gradient shader.
Heres a before and After render.

Edit: Its odd,  it had to do with having the corona displacement modifier on as well as displacement from on the material.
The lighting is different too, the lights were hidden by category in the command panel, but this didn't effect if in the previous builds (Probably 2 o 3 builds before the 28th of July).
« Last Edit: 2016-08-01, 02:04:44 by Javadevil »

2016-08-01, 02:18:47
Reply #246

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also not sure whats going on with AA. Check the difference between 1.3 and 1.4.

2016-08-01, 05:13:39
Reply #247

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, we just move to a new office, as soon as we are running I'll send the scene and the report, glad to help

2016-08-01, 09:29:52
Reply #248

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The lighting is different too, the lights were hidden by category in the command panel, but this didn't effect if in the previous builds (Probably 2 o 3 builds before the 28th of July).
There is checkbox render hidden lights in render setup>scene tab, you may want to check its status - maybe it's changed between different versions somehow.

This could be due to internal resolution multiplier removed in 1.4, if you used it in1.3 It is temporary replaced by highlight clamping (render setup>system>highlight clamping). In upcoming 1.5 we'll have proper solution to such AA problems (bloom&glare). Also, you could watch latest official Corona tutorial on how to fight jaggies:

p.s. please do not use this topic to report problems related to 1.4 - it's cluttered enough already. I may move your posts into separate topic later.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-08-01, 10:18:50
Reply #249

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this your setup?
- Background nested in a CoronaOutputMap with 'affected by color moapping' off?
- Pixels with 255 brightness in the backplate?
- Filmic highlights set 1 when rendering begins?

I've seen this happening in such a case but didn't have any time to report it. It's caused by filmic highlights set to 1, it'll cause geometry render with jagged edges when rendered against pixels with values close to 255 in such a setup.

2016-08-01, 12:49:57
Reply #250

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is checkbox render hidden lights in render setup>scene tab, you may want to check its status - maybe it's changed between different versions somehow.

This could be due to internal resolution multiplier removed in 1.4, if you used it in1.3 It is temporary replaced by highlight clamping (render setup>system>highlight clamping). In upcoming 1.5 we'll have proper solution to such AA problems (bloom&glare). Also, you could watch latest official Corona tutorial on how to fight jaggies:

p.s. please do not use this topic to report problems related to 1.4 - it's cluttered enough already. I may move your posts into separate topic later.

That's ok I sorted the AA issues out, just wanted to report it, I think I adjust the AA vs GI and upped the passes.
I'll check out that Tut and see if it has more options for me.

2016-08-01, 18:30:20
Reply #251

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Some 1.5 development progress...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-01, 19:55:11
Reply #252

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
will the corona vfb have control over this(lights/mixer?) or is it just passess?

2016-08-01, 22:56:51
Reply #253

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thats nice to see light passes coming.

I hope we can control the sun light and the sky light separately too.

cheers

2016-08-01, 23:57:48
Reply #254

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I think that it will be really, really useful!!! V-Ray user asked this by 10 years!

I remember when I bought this script fo V-Ray. Good idea, but shit for real production. Too slow with high res images.