Author Topic: Vray Swarm  (Read 5254 times)

2017-01-25, 14:27:40

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Up and coming for chaosgroup, looks like they are creating a swarm DR system. Here's the link :

https://labs.chaosgroup.com/index.php/rendering-rd/understanding-v-ray-swarm/

Is there anything in the pipeline for this to be implemented in Corona. Would be great to get some weaker machines we have involved in the rendering, currently they love to bomb when they run out of ram :P.

2017-01-25, 15:01:26
Reply #1

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a pretty sweet feature. I love how simple it is! Kind of similar to my wishlist for DR:

1. Automatic computer discovery on the local network.
2. One click network rendering (no need to adjust texture locations or other assets - workflow should be unchanged from working on a local scene).
3. Simply harness the power of the other networked computers without having to manually launch 3ds max or any other software on the networked computers.
4. No additional waiting time for other computers to start contributing to the render. i.e should be as fast as rendering locally.
Vray who?

2017-01-25, 17:11:29
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is a pretty sweet feature. I love how simple it is! Kind of similar to my wishlist for DR:

2. One click network rendering (no need to adjust texture locations or other assets - workflow should be unchanged from working on a local scene).
3. Simply harness the power of the other networked computers without having to manually launch 3ds max or any other software on the networked computers.
4. No additional waiting time for other computers to start contributing to the render. i.e should be as fast as rendering locally.

You are aware that there will be a general DR overhaul in Corona 1.6? :)
See: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
It's already available in the daily builds, and compared to your notes:

-already there ("search lan during render" checkbox in DR settings)

-in the new dr - assets are transferred automatically

-in the new dr - 3ds max is automatically launched along with dr server

-probably not possible due to the way DR works, but also can be controlled already (sync. interval)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-25, 22:57:35
Reply #3

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru, do you know if the upcoming C4D DR will be based on the same system as the MAX one like a universal corona DR manager or will it work with C4Ds Team Render? Sorry for the slightly OT.

2017-01-26, 04:15:08
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You are aware that there will be a general DR overhaul in Corona 1.6? :)
See: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max
It's already available in the daily builds, and compared to your notes:

-already there ("search lan during render" checkbox in DR settings)

-in the new dr - assets are transferred automatically

-in the new dr - 3ds max is automatically launched along with dr server

-probably not possible due to the way DR works, but also can be controlled already (sync. interval)

Oh nice! I didn't realise that there were all of these changes to Corona's DR.
Vray who?

2017-01-26, 15:22:20
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maru, do you know if the upcoming C4D DR will be based on the same system as the MAX one like a universal corona DR manager or will it work with C4Ds Team Render? Sorry for the slightly OT.

Not sure, sorry. But according to the roadmap, both Corona's DR and Team Render support are planned:
https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona-road-map-cinema-4d
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-26, 16:52:43
Reply #6

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice, I hope we get both and then we can see what the benefits are of each. Thanks